Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
bill5

I am amazed how a company like that could come up with one of the all-time great games and then utter crap after that, including "Doom 3" which was NOTHING like Doom and should have had another name. I'd love to see a new Doom which retains most of the look n feel of the original but with updated graphics and a few new weapons, baddies and textures (along with the originals). Oh and you can delete the lowest-level handgun guy...the shotgun guy should be the weakest thing you encounter.
bill5 is offline                         Send a private message to bill5
Old 29-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #32
eMTe

Default Dead ends in Doom?

Weird question, but is it possible to find oneself in an unwinnable situation? Or is it a bug?

I am playing Doom (and Doom2) from beginning to end, on various difficulties, and already encountered dead ends on two occasions, one in D1, one in D2. Speaking of D1, cant name the level now, because Im writing from smartphone, but I rentered one of small rooms, accessible only via some switch combination, the door closed behind me and now I am trapped. Theres a switch inside (which is used for door or not, cant say now), but it is lit green, so it is not pressable anymore
Door doesnt react to opening tries. So its either bug or dead end, but Ive never heard of the latter in Doom, except natural combat situations where you are stuck without ammo, but its different story.
eMTe is offline                         Send a private message to eMTe
Old 05-02-2022, 06:27 PM   #33
kemo
Game freak

I still play this somewhat religiously. I'll need some more information in order to assist you with what maps you're referring to. Depending on your versions of the IWADs, you may find yourself in situations that have no exit. Same can be said due to scripting within the game (I think it is referred to as software locking).
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo
Old 10-02-2022, 01:06 PM   #34
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Recently I heard of a similar situation mentioned in a different forum -- a secret area with a door that does not open from the inside.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:25 PM   #35
kemo
Game freak

I just played through Doom and couldn't quite figure out where you may have gotten stuck (E1 through E4). If you can, please let me know what episode you got stuck in. I'll try to replicate the issue, or tell you how to get out of the situation.

E3M4 is one of the only maps that I can think of where there are small rooms opened by a sequence of switches.

Last edited by kemo; 12-02-2022 at 06:09 PM.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo