Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I've compiled a Fixed DUNE2.EXE pack. Thanks to research made by TrueBrain of the OpenDUNE project, the problem with the player's buildings deteriorating with time regardless of whether they were placed on concrete or not. The fix turns off building deterioration for structures with concrete foundations, which is consistent with the in-game information:
Quote:
Slabs are used to provide stable building foundations. We have found that anything built on bare rock will deteriorate rapidly.
Quote:
Concrete slabs are an effective and inexpensive foundation material. Structures without foundations will require frequent repair, and waste valuable time and money.
The package contains EXE files for all known releases of Dune II. Additionally, the "manual check" dialog is disabled in all EXE's, and a minor problem with speech in German and French has been fixed for the European three-language versions.

Last edited by MrFlibble; 12-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.
MrFlibble is offline                         Send a private message to MrFlibble
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Arrow Warcraft MIDI Soundtrack

I've compiled a package of MIDI files from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, maybe it'll be useful to you people?

I have used WarDraft to extract the XMI files, and then converted them to MID with WinAmp (the built-in converter in WarDraft produces a slight increase in playback speed for some reason). In fact, there are three sets of XMI files in Warcraft, designed fro sue with different sound hardware settings. I've converted the set that is used with General Midi, and supposedly has higher quality (the MIDI pack found at the Game music base seems to use another set).
Old 06-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
I've compiled a package of MIDI files from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, maybe it'll be useful to you people?

I have used WarDraft to extract the XMI files, and then converted them to MID with WinAmp (the built-in converter in WarDraft produces a slight increase in playback speed for some reason). In fact, there are three sets of XMI files in Warcraft, designed fro sue with different sound hardware settings. I've converted the set that is used with General Midi, and supposedly has higher quality (the MIDI pack found at the Game music base seems to use another set).
I guess we can use them in our Abandonia Frequency. You can upload the MIDI files to the FTP
Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I'm afraid I don't have FTP access as yet. With my other submissions, I either attached the files to my posts or provided links to the files uploaded elsewhere.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
I'm afraid I don't have FTP access as yet. With my other submissions, I either attached the files to my posts or provided links to the files uploaded elsewhere.
Ok, I'll send you a PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #16
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I've installed the FileZilla client, connected to the FTP, created a folder with a Warcraft subfolder and uploaded the file, but the file on the FTP is shown to be half the size of the original file. Since I can't download it, I can't check the integrity of the archive

This is why I've attached the archive to this post. If everything's okay, you can then delete it.

[Attachment has been removed]

Last edited by MrFlibble; 09-03-2010 at 12:45 AM.
MrFlibble is offline                         Send a private message to MrFlibble
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Replaced.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience, I have no idea what could have gone wrong.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Argh! I don't know what in the world I'm doing wrong, but I once again failed to upload a file on the FTP server So I've attached it here (sorry for the inconvenience! )

Essentially, it is an update of the patch for Dune II. First off, to meet the requests of people who do not use Windows but would still like to install the patch, I changed it from a Windows patching executable to a simple RAR archive with all the necessary files inside. This has increased the overall package siza quite a bit, but I think there's an advantage to it as it also helps patch compatibility: this method of distribution does not have the limitations of a patcher which can only be successfully applied to a "clean" version (especially taking into account how many different official releases there are already).

Secondly, there are new fixes affecting various aspects of the game, for example, there were some problems with digitized sound effects - some of them would have an audible clicking noise in the end (e.g. rifle and machine gun fire) - which are now fixed in this new version of the patch. A detailed account of all fixes is in the supplied readme file.

[Attachment has been removed]

Last edited by MrFlibble; 14-03-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Replacing...

By the way, since our extras system doesn't accept rar, I've uploaded it as ZIP. But that actually increases the size to >1MB. Check it out for yourself :\ Sorry

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 10-03-2010 at 12:19 PM.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy