Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #1
pcranequin

When I try to run Transport Tycoon Deluxe, it says:
Quote:
TTDPatch V2.0 rev 1 starting.
The switch 'reducesave' <-0> is obsolete. Please do not use it, it will
be removed in a future version.
Press escape to abort, or any other key to continue.
When I run the game, I encounter numerous problems. First of all, I start hearing the music and see a completely black screen. This goes away if I click the mouse. The main problems I have are when I try to play. I can't play any of the turtorial missions. It just loads or something and then goes back to not doing anything at the main menu. If I run a scenario or do create scenario, I can't build or save anything. Can anyone help me?
pcranequin is offline                         Send a private message to pcranequin
Old 25-04-2006, 04:30 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Those are not problems per se. I have them all myself too.

The problem you quoted here is not revelant at all and don't stop you from playing.
Idem for the black screen.
As far as I am concerned, there is no tutorial missions. Those are only movies, and even then it won't work because the "mouse" in the tutorials will end up at one time over clicking on an opening newspaper popup and it will screw everything up. If you want trick and tips on how to play this game, I'd recommend you try the game own thread in the Abandonia Games Discussion forum.

To play the game like it's meant to be played, click on New Game and select one of those. I usually always take a random map (the first option to the top). You can also play with the option menu before playing, you will need to set those options before each game so if you are like me always playing with cars running to the right with $ as a money sign then don't forget to set them.
Old 25-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
pcranequin

Well, how do I build and save stuff? The boxes for build are grayed out and I can't click them.
pcranequin is offline                         Send a private message to pcranequin
Old 26-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #4
pcranequin

This is really annoying. I'm going to download Open TTD and see if that will let me play the game.
Old 26-04-2006, 01:27 AM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Make sure you open the game with the patched exe. It's the one with the "plaster" (bandaid) icon.
Old 26-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
pcranequin

Yeah. I'm opening the band-aid version.
Old 26-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Okay, last thing then; did you run the .reg file to enter the game folder into the registery? And you also need to reboot after that for it to make effect.
Old 29-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #8
pcranequin

Nevermind this. I downloaded Open TTD and figured out that I had to build stuff from a depot. I really wish that the tutorials worked.