Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2017, 01:04 AM   #21
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
Hello Mystvan,

well, isn't that nice? We have exactly the same score now. Let's see, how long we keep it that way. How long until one of us slips? Or a bug takes some of our hard earned tokens away?
We can always swith place 8 and 9: whenever you log in before me on a new day, you will claim eighth place, but when I log in, I reclaim it. And for some reason, whenever our scores are tied, I get a rank in front of you, sorry . I don't know why.
It is a Tie Fighter! May the Force be with you.

Now I've learned the lesson: You should never log in using more than one browser during the start of Daily Screenshot Quiz. I did not use the browsers simultaneously, but nonetheless, it took me 5 PoE twice.

With regard to ranking order in the list, it should consider the list in alphabetical order in the case of tie, I suppose.

Well this dispute of ours reminds me of Intel vs. AMD, NVIDIA vs. ATI ... Or Ayrton Senna vs Alain Prost...
Old 04-05-2017, 02:09 AM   #22
Bonk
Forum hobbit

I'm not so sure that the problem is the different browsers. Because the same just happened to me, using my normal browswer only, not doing anything differently than other times, and it stole my PoE anyway.
I answered correctly, even got the message "Your answer was correct and you earned 5 pieces of eight!" but didn't get the 5 PoE.
I think abandonia just fucks up from time to time without any obvious reason. Dang.

So, congratulations, you are ahead of me again now
Bonk is offline                         Send a private message to Bonk
Old 04-05-2017, 02:34 AM   #23
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face Miss Lulu_Jane (Marple) is the best!

What a pity! But I know I can not relax myself, for you can overcome me by carelessness on my part. *breaking out in a cold sweat*

I think the system does not like us very much because we are very persistent quiz players and we are rewarded with empty hands... No fair!

The system wants to give other quiz players the chance to reach us... No fair!

But do not fear! Miss (or Mrs.?) Lulu_Jane (Marple) will investigate the bugs.

She has grown tired of studying human nature and now she is devoting herself to studying the logic and systems of machines.

It seems that she likes very abstract concepts, whether human or not human. This is very important because it can prevent the revolt of the machines.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #24
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
We can always swith place 8 and 9: whenever you log in before me on a new day, you will claim eighth place, but when I log in, I reclaim it. And for some reason, whenever our scores are tied, I get a rank in front of you, sorry . I don't know why.
I bet, it's because B is earlier than M.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #25
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs down Is the Bug’s life eternal?

Well that old saying goes:“The first will be the last and the last will always be the first.”

The complication of these bugs is that it disrupts the competition between quiz players. Your score depends on the luck and not the knowledge of the quiz player.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #26
Bonk
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I bet, it's because B is earlier than M.
Alphabetical sorting? That explanation was too easy to be considered by me. I expected some complicated algorithm based on length of membership, a random number generator and the phase of the moon.

Mystvan, perhaps you should rename your account to "Aaron A. Aaronson"

By the way, how did you manage to jump ahead of me by 10 PoE today? Did you manage to get back the points you lost to that bug? And if so, what do I have to do to get mine back, too?
Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #27
Bonk
Forum hobbit

Default Cannot login

Hm, new bugs every day.

After I logged out of abandonia, I'm not able to log back in again. I can log in on the Forums, but not on the main page. It's not a problem with the password, I tried to reset it, but it won't even let me do that, I get the message "Sorry. The username Bonk is not recognized.", although my profile is obviously still there, I can access it from the members page.
To make things worse: before I logged out I correctly answered the screeenshot quiz, got the "answered correctly" message, and even received my 5 PoE (see screenshot) - at least for a short time, then it took them away again, when I look at my profile now, I'm down to 18567 PoE again.

Mysterious, strange and frustrating
At least it never gets boring with abandonia...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboarder.2017.05.06.jpg (183.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #28
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Alphabetical sorting? That explanation was too easy to be considered by me. I expected some complicated algorithm based on length of membership, a random number generator and the phase of the moon.

Mystvan, perhaps you should rename your account to "Aaron A. Aaronson"

By the way, how did you manage to jump ahead of me by 10 PoE today? Did you manage to get back the points you lost to that bug? And if so, what do I have to do to get mine back, too?
Hi Bonk,

I am really sorry, friend Bonk, but you will be very disappointed with my response.

I tried to contact the Abandonian Admins, but they said that since the site has much more serious and important bugs, they will not be able to restore the lost PoE due to less important and / or serious bugs.

So it turns out that I lost my 10 PoE forever.

Quote:
Hm, new bugs every day.

After I logged out of abandonia, I'm not able to log back in again. I can log in on the Forums, but not on the main page. It's not a problem with the password, I tried to reset it, but it won't even let me do that, I get the message "Sorry. The username Bonk is not recognized.", although my profile is obviously still there, I can access it from the members page.
To make things worse: before I logged out I correctly answered the screeenshot quiz, got the "answered correctly" message, and even received my 5 PoE (see screenshot) - at least for a short time, then it took them away again, when I look at my profile now, I'm down to 18567 PoE again.

That is why I try to log in to two or more browsers, Bonk.

It may sound silly and weird, but “it is better to be safe than sorry”.

I suggest you get in touch with the Admins to see if they can solve your problem.

I also suggest you use more than one browser even it may sound silly or stupid.

Well, the way it is the old Trump style:

Pouty Lips

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I would also suggest that you try refreshing the page. I have seen that sometimes the browsers has (have) problems updating the pages of the site.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mystvan; 07-05-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 07-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #29
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy You are right, Bonk!

I am sorry, Japo, but I will not be editing my posts indefinitely, because it will look like a patch(es), or with several annotations (post-it?) the edge of the digital page.

Huh ... Bonk, I have been wrong. I also cannot log in to Abandonia. I was really confused because I am still logged on to the site.

By the way, I am using Opera, SeaMonkey and Firefox. And the fastest browsers are Chrome and Opera.

There is really a problem with Abandonia login, but I maintain my position of using more than one browser. And use a second and / or third browsers to log in to Abandonia.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #30
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Hm, new bugs every day.

Well, fortunately, the site login started working again. Let’s go back to our old rivalry, but by chance, I got the upper hand and I have PoE without being in trouble.

I hope I have enough PoE to someday defeat marko river.

And thank you for saying my real name. My true name is Myst[er(ious)] van Hellsong (or Hellsing). Yes, I am a terrible singer. Besides, my alias is Poke-man.