Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
Supressor

Thumbs up

HI, here i am again.
It's like ages since the last time i entered this site, that's because my computer died, to put it in some way. So now i'm using Pentium 1, it's like a relic, you know. It doesn't have more than 48 mb ram. So now in can only play abandoware, or that's what i think,bad luck or fate? LOL .
ok now to the important thing, i was hoping if anyone could recommend me any good rpg like "fallout", i have to say that i took a look a the screen shot of all of your games at the rpg section and i think i dont' like any of them, so, any game in mind????
See ya around
Supressor is offline                         Send a private message to Supressor
Old 22-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #2
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

You don't like any of the RPGs in the RPG section: okay, why? What is it you're looking for? Telling us you want something "like Fallout" doesn't give us anything to work with, not if nearly everything *in* Fallout can be found in the stuff you can find for downloads, here.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 22-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Don't be put off by the graphics, some of them are really good! If Wasteland was available that would be the natural choice, it's far more involved than Fallout and has a similar theme. If I were you I'd get Dungeon Master, it may look a million years old but it's deeply addictive and won't swallow all of your 48mb of ram!
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 22-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Himmler
Trollmaster General

fallout is not only a rpg, but a tbs also.maybe diablo will work on a p1 if you really need graphics instead of a stable story.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 22-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Diablo is not a RPG tough. It's an action game with faint RPG elements.
Old 22-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i know...but the guy wants graphics...
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 22-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #7
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ultima Pagan is good and should run fine.
In fact the Ultima underworld series is good graphics with good gameplay and should run on a pentium machine fine.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-08-2005, 06:24 PM   #8
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hey you people are all being unhelpful.
He's not looking for graphics, he just wants a good nice RPG. (By the way, Diablo is an RPG, I'm tired of hearing "action game with RPG elements" If you can't except it then you're by yourself.)

If you want a good RPG that won't burn your eyes from ugliness, I'd say Wizardry 7 or Albion, they're both great games and nice RPGs with a good story to boot. Of course a story doesn't make a RPG, so if you're looking for something really fun, go for Dungeon Master II which is a very nice sequel to a great game.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 22-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #9
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 22 2005, 06:24 PM
Hey you people are all being unhelpful.
Riiight, and the gate security for the whitehouse is being unhelpful because they aren't the president? C'mon man. Everyone's answers are all helpful, including yours. Don't bash them though. However for a nice rpg with glorious eye-candy, I agree with BP here, Albion is an excellent game that'll keep you occupied for hours. Plus, no really overly frantic mouseclicking, in case you have one of those touchpads for the laptop. (tried playing diablo with a touchpad, omg...not fun.)
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 22-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #10
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Suggesting Dungeon Master I is unhelpful but suggesting Dungeon Master II is helpful?
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove