Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #71
Komandante Krull

Well, if done some advance.

I was playing using the TOS.exe and VDMS sound, it had soundblaster sound, but not charged Intro and crashed when the man goes out of the house and comes in later. I reconfigured the game, changed the option of Sound Blaster for Pc Speaker, and then tried the DS.Bat. I could see the intro then, and no crashes, but the cality of sound downed.

Any idea to play without DosBox and get the good cuality sound?

Thx, your friend in Mineápolis, Krull.

Old 22-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #72

*Quality, not casuality nor cality.

Old 25-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #73
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Any idea to play without DosBox and get the good cuality sound?[/b]
No.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #74
Pella

hi there.

new here so please don't be snarky if this question has been asked before. How do I run Darkseed 2 in a window rather than full screen on XP? the reason I'm asking is that I have a widescreen monitor and when I play DS2 the game runs in a tiny corner of the screen and the rest of the screen is black.

many thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #75

hi ppl
im having trouble meeting up with that delbert guy that gave me the card after getting out of jail grabbing the gun i go home and wait outside till 6pm like he says but he doesnt show i wait longer still doesnt show i even wait outside from bout 5 pm but nothing ive even waited inside to see if he rings the doorbell is it a glich or is the something im missing or havent done

Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #76
Pella

You're waiting in the wrong place.

you need to be at the side of the house (where the entrance to your garage is, just before you get to the neighbours's back yard)at six

hope that helps

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 7 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]303391[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hi ppl
im having trouble meeting up with that delbert guy that gave me the card after getting out of jail grabbing the gun i go home and wait outside till 6pm like he says but he doesnt show i wait longer still doesnt show i even wait outside from bout 5 pm but nothing ive even waited inside to see if he rings the doorbell is it a glich or is the something im missing or havent done
[/b]

Old 27-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #77
fab4

I bought the cd version of this game back in May of 1997. I couldn't get the game to run so I contacted Cyberdreams, but they were no longer in business. I then contacted the distributor and they provided me with a FAQ sheet which was the only technical information they had available for the game. Fortunately one of the fixes listed there worked for me.

It seems that the files that are created on the hard drive when the game is installed are set to READ ONLY. They should NOT be Read Only. To change the attributes of the files (in DOS) navigate to a command prompt in the directory where you installed Darkseed. Type ATTRIB -R and press the enter key and this should change the files to not read only.

If you have windows on the computer you can change the attributes in windows explorer. Navigate to the directory where Darkseed is installed. Right click on a file in this directory and left click on PROPERTIES. At the bottom of the GENERAL tab is ATTRIBUTES. Clear any check mark in the READ ONLY box then left click on the APPLY button and then left click on the OK button. REPEAT this for ALL the files in the Darkseed installation directory.

Another tip from the FAQ which may help those having problems running the game. Darkseed requires the IRQ of your sound card to be set to 7 if you have the CD version of the game and 5 if you have the floppy disk version of the game.

Hope this information helps those trying to get the game running.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #78
Cloud

two things.

first, I found the cd-version here on this site. (link removed)

since its a polish site, I don't know how legal it might be.

second, the game keeps freezing when i'm trying to read the newspaper in the attic. music is still playing but when I click on something, nothing happens.
Cloud is offline                         Send a private message to Cloud
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #79
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

That site has protected titles for download. Don't post links to warezsites on these forums.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #80
Cloud

Okay okay, I'm sorry. Didn't know that.

I thought it would be legal, since Darkseed is abandonware.

Anyway, I still have the file, if you want it, just ask.
Cloud is offline                         Send a private message to Cloud