Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #91

god i loved this game . a fully upgrades shadow could wreak havoc on a foe . you might argue that it was a weak bot but when used right you could perfect a foe almost every time

Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #92
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 20 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]305605[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndyX @ Aug 17 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]305181[/snapback]
Quote:
it´s not possible? [/b]
Hi!
It says here on Abandonia Reloaded that the remake of OMF 2097 is playable via internet. k:
[/b][/quote]

I don't think it's a remake. Or at least it doesn't say it is.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #93
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Nope, the One Must Fall 2097 version at AR is the original game, not a remake.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #94
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Nov 5 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]318262[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nope, the One Must Fall 2097 version at AR is the original game, not a remake.
[/b]
Rob Elam (the man who holds the source code) is an arse of not getting his fingers out. And releasing the source code to this great gem of a fighting game.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #95
Sir Frizz

I loved OMF as kid. I wanted a copy of it for Christmas once, but got Road And Track Presents: The Need For Speed instead.

I've now played this to more or less completion on Tournament mode with my trusty Jaguar. His upgraded Concussion Cannon used in a combo can pretty much wipe out the best computer opponent in less than 15 seconds.

As for which robots were meant to be the best, wan't that supposed to be Gargoyle? It used to be unbeatable in the air, and it gets the better of me around half the time on my way to maxing my stats on Heavy Metal. A really irritating opponent in which none of the others even come close to it.

Can't quite remember which was second, may have been Elektra. Though it's subjective and depends on whether you're playing single player or Tournament mode. Either way, Pyros was generally considered to be one of the worst alongside Nova in single player. Flail is mid-tier, but owns the floor, with Jaguar Upper-mid due to his Overhead Throw.

It gets discussed in a bit of detail in one of the FAQS over at GameFAQS, if anyone's interested.
Sir Frizz is offline                         Send a private message to Sir Frizz
Old 31-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #96
Kearnsy
Games Master

Wow, didnt know it was that big.
I love my Jag too, just to lay in with kicks mostly and the shredder is good fun.
If you look at bot upgrades some of the bots have huge advantages with Katana, flail, shadow and gargole seeming strong (from memory).

Great game usually get bored once the stats are maxed out thought!
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #97
Adamg
That one guy.

One Must Fallllll! :nuts: That was one of my favorite games when I was a young teenager. One of the very best, if not the best, futuristic fighting game out there, in my opinion.
Adamg is offline                         Send a private message to Adamg
Old 18-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #98
KrisViking

Talking The best fighting game of all time.

I remember first installing a demo from a cd back in 1997 and thought it looked interesting, needless to say I got hooked and played the demo alot.

I played the demo over many years and about a year or so ago was looking it up since I wanted to know if there was any way I could get my hands on the full version. Since I had never been able to find it I was ecstatic when I discovered it had been released and therefore legally downloadable. I downloaded it and have not stopped since. I love this game and will play it as long as I am able to.

I think the graphics are great for the time, especially being able to customise the colour of your robot. The robots are originally designed and fun. The music fits very nicely into it all and I find myself humming along despite not liking techno otherwise.

My favourite robots:
The Jaguar which is first and foremost in my mind due to it being very nicely balanced and elegant, looks very good and can kick other bots through sheer speed.
Secondly there's the Katana which I like despite being slow. The Katana has some nice moves, a very nice look and with the right colours is a masterpiece.
My 3rd and final favourite is the Nova which, despite being a little too bulky, looks good, has nice special moves like the earthquake smash, has at least a half-decent speed and hence kicks some serious metallic ass.
KrisViking is offline                         Send a private message to KrisViking
Old 30-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #99
Adis

As far as I remebrer this game has good graphics and good sound. What else you need from this kind of game My rate is 5.
Adis is offline                         Send a private message to Adis
Old 22-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #100
tommyLee
[BANNED]

OMF was SUCH a great game! I played this game for dozens and dozens of hours when I was younger!
tommyLee is offline                         Send a private message to tommyLee