Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #661
evenstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grand Dad @ Jul 5 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]298007[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Just restore before you did it!
[/b]
Foolishly used one save game file only
evenstar is offline                         Send a private message to evenstar
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #662
evenstar

Anyone know of a site that has Conrad save games to download?
evenstar is offline                         Send a private message to evenstar
Old 07-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #663
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evenstar @ Jul 5 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]298008[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grand Dad @ Jul 5 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]298007[/snapback]
Quote:
Just restore before you did it!
[/b]
Foolishly used one save game file only
[/b][/quote]
well.. i am in mines if you wish
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #664
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

how is this possible

there is no page 19 in the uploaded manual

edit: oh, nevermind. i found that the maunual isnt book of lore, somebody mentioned it before
Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #665
Guest_h4m3d0_*

I also have the CD version and I love this game, have for years.

Hey undertaker, you seem to know a lot about this game. I did some testing using michaels magic and no doubt it is more powerful (than A'kshel for the purposes of this test)...

However, I did some testing and I find that A'kshel recovers mana at a faster rate, whether this is due to having a higher total mana or not I'm not sure. With some simple tests I find it takes A'kshel (with a total of 32 mana in this instance) about 10.3-10.4 seconds to regen to full (from 2 mana(level 4 spark cast and then a level 1)). Michael with a total of 25 mana takes around 11.4-11.5 seconds to regen to full. That means A'kshel is about 10% faster when he regening mana than michael, and michael had 5 less mana to recover. (i started resting when A'kshel was down to 2 mana)

Even if this is soley based upon max mana, A'kshel will always have the highest mana of any caster. I just think its a benefit no one had mentioned in so far as I could see. In aggregate, higher mana regen is a big advantage for any caster type.

:-) man i love this game :-)

Old 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #666
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_h4m3d0_* @ Jul 12 2007, 06:15 AM) [snapback]299050[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I also have the CD version and I love this game, have for years.

Hey undertaker, you seem to know a lot about this game. I did some testing using michaels magic and no doubt it is more powerful (than A'kshel for the purposes of this test)...

However, I did some testing and I find that A'kshel recovers mana at a faster rate, whether this is due to having a higher total mana or not I'm not sure. With some simple tests I find it takes A'kshel (with a total of 32 mana in this instance) about 10.3-10.4 seconds to regen to full (from 2 mana(level 4 spark cast and then a level 1)). Michael with a total of 25 mana takes around 11.4-11.5 seconds to regen to full. That means A'kshel is about 10% faster when he regening mana than michael, and michael had 5 less mana to recover. (i started resting when A'kshel was down to 2 mana)

Even if this is soley based upon max mana, A'kshel will always have the highest mana of any caster. I just think its a benefit no one had mentioned in so far as I could see. In aggregate, higher mana regen is a big advantage for any caster type.

:-) man i love this game :-)
[/b]
I didn't know that he recovers his magic faster, thanks! Too bad it's not really that much compared to the others. His magic also will always be weaker than that of anyone else, except for Kieran's. Too bad Westwood didn't change that.

On a little side note, Ak'shel starts out with the most hp and mp of anyone else. Just thought I'd throw that fact in.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #667
Guest_h4m3d0_*

I recently picked up land sof lore II: guardians of destiny but I'm having some probs installing it through dosbox. I know this is a little off topic but it keeps saying i only have 110 MB of free space on my HD when I really have over 5 gigs. The game requires about 200 megs, so clearly there is an issue here. What gives? Anyone know? Is this a problem because im trying to install through dosbox?

Actually I employed the strategy you were talking about, saving before each magic level up to ensure I get the full 37 MP every level and its really adding up! I just left the draracles caves and i'm almost level 5 mage! thats like 180 mana! I think casting low level higher end spells instead of high level spark is a great strategy for Ak'shel. Spamming level 2 fireball rocks! :-) I couldnt use Michael as a mage character, it feels like it takes FOREVER for his mana to fill back up hehehe

Old 13-07-2007, 02:46 AM   #668
Guest_h4m3d0_*

Just curious, has anyone compared the damages between spells other than spark for different characters? Everything ive seen referenced referred only to that one spell.

Old 13-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #669
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
The game requires about 200 megs, so clearly there is an issue here. What gives? Anyone know? Is this a problem because im trying to install through dosbox?[/b]
When installing the C mount in DOSBox, add -freesize 750 parameter on the end. It will report 750 MB of free HDD space when any program will query about it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #670
Guest_h4m3d0_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 13 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]299249[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When installing the C mount in DOSBox, add -freesize 750 parameter on the end. It will report 750 MB of free HDD space when any program will query about it.
[/b]

Awesome! thank you so much! :brain:

I knew there had to be a way to allocate more space!