Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
onenpiepah

Hey all,

I'm looking for a good PC-style strategy game for Nintendo DS. By PC style, I mean something closer to Master of Magic or Civ and other 4x games, or even detailed city building (Sim City) and tactical war simulations (Myth).

GBA games count, I suppose, but I'm really interested in one of those new DS games that try to emulate detailed PC games with the stylus-as-mouse and whatnot.

I hear good things about Age of Empires DS. I also hear it crashes. :blink: Other than that, it seems like a good bet. It's turn based. Which, for an AoE game, surprised me (in a good way!). Reviewers seemed pleased with everything but the sound.

The Star Trek tactical strategy game out right now isn't as well received, but I wanted to ask everyone here rather than rely on the opinion of console-centric journalists.

So anyway, if anyone can recommend some good, PC-style strategy for my DS, I'd really appreciate it.
onenpiepah is offline                         Send a private message to onenpiepah
Old 25-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well, of the more "modern" games Heroes of Might & Magic 1-3 would come close to Master of Magic, while it offers good high-resolution graphics. Part 1 can be downloaded right here.
Part 4 is good too, but isn't really connected in story with the previous games anymore, and most people slate it as a bad part in the series, though I liked it pretty much (except the music which isn't that great).

Other than that, I can't really think of any other "modern" strategy games of that line, i. e. fantasy setting and turn based progress, most are just real-time strategy games, of which I can recommend Starcraft and Warcraft III, with Warcraft being into fantasy setting.
If you can ever get hold of Blood & Magic for Nintendo DS though, I would get it if I would be you. It's a great fantasy strategy game, real-time though, but not very like other real-time strategy games, it's unique and makes a lot of fun. See for yourself - Mobygames
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Have you considered LinCity? It's new, and free.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
FoxURA
Forum hobbit

If you want a strategy game for the DS look no further than Advance Wars Dual Strike. It is a turn based strategy that does a good job of utalizing the touch screen for commanding forces.
FoxURA is offline                         Send a private message to FoxURA