Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAME-CRACK @ Aug 28 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]251413[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
not much of a challenge, but its addictive.

[...]

really like the game. if you have any more games please paste them here on abandonia k:
keep up the good work.
[/b]
Thanks for the feedback!

You're saying the game is too easy? Even on 'hard'?

The only other game I've made (worth mentioning) is the precursor to this game, WormWars 2. You can get it at www.wormwars.net/ww2.zip, but as WormWars 3 is so much better, IMHO, and comes in both a DOS and Windows version, there's really not much point in playing WW2...
chrknudsen is offline                         Send a private message to chrknudsen
Old 08-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
chrknudsen

I've now released the game to the public. The public version 1.0 can be downloaded at WormWars.Net. I'm still interested in feedback, though, for the future versions of the game.
chrknudsen is offline                         Send a private message to chrknudsen
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #13
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I really like the game! I already found snake (Qbasic) enjoyable, but this is cooler - somehow.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
Maramil
Forum hobbit

I like it! k: It's simple yet challenging!
Maramil is offline                         Send a private message to Maramil
Old 12-09-2006, 06:09 AM   #15
chrknudsen

Thanks for the feedback!

Be sure to submit your levels and hi-scores to the website!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Think this needs movement.. *does it*
Old 17-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #17
Koen
Game Wizzard

Cool Game! k:

Only 'user-unfriendly' thing I have is about the level editor. I find it quite frustrating to put every corner / t-splot / cross piece on the right place. Why not have a 'fix' function for that, which looks for every piece what pieces are around them, and puts the right 'corner / t-split / cross' piece at every place? I noticed the 'line' function, yes, but that only deals with corners. Or did I overlook something?
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 17-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #18
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Koen @ Sep 17 2006, 09:12 AM) [snapback]255533[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Cool Game! k:

Only 'user-unfriendly' thing I have is about the level editor. I find it quite frustrating to put every corner / t-splot / cross piece on the right place. Why not have a 'fix' function for that, which looks for every piece what pieces are around them, and puts the right 'corner / t-split / cross' piece at every place? I noticed the 'line' function, yes, but that only deals with corners. Or did I overlook something?
[/b]
No, you're right. The 'line' function only makes cornes, it doesn't place 't-splits' or 'cross' pieces. For now you have to place those manually. I'll add your idea to the list of things to do for future versions.

Thanks for the feedback! k:
Old 24-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #19
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I just downloaded this game and it is great. I love games like this that are simple to play hard to master. This is one of those games.

I also was wondering if you thought about adding an online play? This seems like it would be fun to play with someone. Also I had a minor 2 little gripes. One could be a result of my lack of skill but the controlls for the thrid version for windows seems a tad sticky and a little unresopsive and also it seems sometime very hard to line up the worm with what you are aiming at on screen. But over all way to go|! :w00t:
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 25-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #20
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyGamer @ Sep 24 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]257087[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just downloaded this game and it is great. I love games like this that are simple to play hard to master. This is one of those games.

I also was wondering if you thought about adding an online play? This seems like it would be fun to play with someone. Also I had a minor 2 little gripes. One could be a result of my lack of skill but the controlls for the thrid version for windows seems a tad sticky and a little unresopsive and also it seems sometime very hard to line up the worm with what you are aiming at on screen. But over all way to go|! :w00t:
[/b]
I've thought about online play as I agree that it would add a lot to the game if you could play it against others online. However, I've never done any internet programming, so I would have to learn that from scratch, and as I've programmed the games in Pascal, I suspect a lot of the pre-made 'pacakages' for internet programming are outdated in today's modern internet realm.

I can't completely rule out that one day I'll attempt to add that feature to the game, though -- or hook up with someone who has the programming skills to make it happen...

As to lining up the worm with what you're aiming at: that's what the crosshairs are for. k:

Which version of Windows are you using? I'm using Windows 98 and have found that the controls in the Win32 version of the game seem a bit sticky -- I just restart my computer in DOS mode and play the DOS version. Actually, I would recommend that you always play the DOS version in DOS mode, if you can restart your Windows in DOS mode.

I've also tested the game in WindowsXP and haven't found any problems with the controls.