Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Metal: Needed or Unneeded?
Slayer 5 4.81%
Metallica 21 20.19%
Gwar 2 1.92%
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society 8 7.69%
Anthrax 1 0.96%
Slipknot 4 3.85%
Other (please specify) 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #141
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Heh didn't know that was an actual genre, granted haven't heard a bunch of those bands, anyways since half don't interest me, minus Sabbath, which going to pick up one of these days, but going to start with the dio years, mob rules and more, since big fan of Dio.

Kamelot's live DVD coming out October 30th, whoo excited for that, and Iced Earth's Live In Athens also coming out on dvd later not sure when, but also will be sweet since that's like one of the best live shows of all time. Plus gigantour's dvd comes out tomorrow, picking it up mainly for the Dream Theater tracks, and Megadeth moreso, but the Nevermore and Symphony X stuff will also will be cool.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #142
Himmler
Trollmaster General

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVKRs4kfqc...ted&search=
darkthrone - too old too cold (MASTERPIECE )
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 07-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #143
Iowa
Game Wizzard

By they way, I just got two new metal CDs: Mudvayne's "Lost and Found" and Slayer's "Reign In Blood"...the latter is awesome, but I have my concerns about the former.

To any Mudvayne fans or knowledgables reading this: what happened? I went in expecting stuff like LD 50, because tracks off that album are the only Mudvayne i've ever heard...and what I ended up with was harmony, singing...acoustics...how could this be Mudvayne? From what i've heard, all the tracks are like this except "Determined" (which, for the record, rocks).

I know that bands sometimes change their styles, such as Slipknot's "Volume 3"...but this smells an awful lot like a sell-out...

But I don't have many concerns about Reign, lightning fast guitar, satanic lyrics, Tom Araya, Kerry King...i'm happy.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 AM   #144
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah Reign in blood is indeed a pinnacle album for Slayer, but most of those famous guitar licks Jeff Hanneman actually credited to him, he's the one who came up with most during the early and later days, Kerry has been playing the same solos for the last 20 years and think he's soooo good, needs to wake up and realize adding wah to a solo does not make you good.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 AM   #145
Iowa
Game Wizzard

But you have to admit he pulled of some truly memorable stuff in God Hates Us All, they're the best i've heard him do, and I don't mean by a standard of speed, a solo is nothing if it's lightning fast and sounds crappy, no, the solos in "Disciple", "God Send Death", and "Here Comes the Pain" are awesome...
Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #146
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Just a side note: That solo in Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", especially the last bit by Dave Murray... wow. How did he came up with that weird, spooky cry?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #147
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Actually minus one song in God Hates Us All that's one of their worst albums imo, he's been doing the same sort of soloing for 20 years and thinking he's some sort of guitar king, and bashing people like Dave Mustaine from Megadeth who can easily outsolo Kerry any day of the week, plenty of much better guitarists
John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jeff Lomis, Micheal Romero, Luca Turilli, easily skate circles around Kerry, they know how to solo.

Murray's solo is masterful in The Trooper, no idea how he did it, but awesome, heck Adrian's is really good in that song, not his best but it sounds killer today when they dual solo it with him and Janick doing it.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #148
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

Back to the mudvayne, yes i was also extremely disappointed with "Lost and Found" i bought it the day it came out because i heard determined so many times and i was expecting something great and it didn't happen.

If ya want old fashioned mudvayne check out MuDvAyNe:Live Dosage DVD, its great. They do "Nothing to gein" (which is my favorite song of theres) on it so well.
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #149
Iowa
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Sep 8 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]253683[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually minus one song in God Hates Us All that's one of their worst albums imo, he's been doing the same sort of soloing for 20 years and thinking he's some sort of guitar king, and bashing people like Dave Mustaine from Megadeth who can easily outsolo Kerry any day of the week, plenty of much better guitarists
John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jeff Lomis, Micheal Romero, Luca Turilli, easily skate circles around Kerry, they know how to solo.

Murray's solo is masterful in The Trooper, no idea how he did it, but awesome, heck Adrian's is really good in that song, not his best but it sounds killer today when they dual solo it with him and Janick doing it.
[/b]
Wow, Kerry's being very inconsiderate...I don't like that, but I do like his music. Why does every one hate GHUA so much? It's awesome, I mean, just listening to New Faith renews my hatred for religion!

By the way, you'll all be pleased to hear that i'm getting two new CDs this weekend: Mudvayne's "L.D. 50" and Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" (i'm taking whoever reccomended that's advice).
Old 09-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #150
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Good choice with Kill Em All, is a great album all around, and if ya like that one, you can move on to Ride The Lightning or Master Of Puppets, personally like Master bit more but both still good.