Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Metal: Needed or Unneeded?
Slayer 5 4.81%
Metallica 21 20.19%
Gwar 2 1.92%
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society 8 7.69%
Anthrax 1 0.96%
Slipknot 4 3.85%
Other (please specify) 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #91
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

MTV does do that, never listen to them much about their knowledge of metal, as half the time they are wrong on most bands. Especially Headbangers Ball, half the vids on that show are from subpar bands, some of which aren't even metal.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 27-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #92
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Maybe someday Linkin Park will get back on track and release another Meteora...hopefully...

By the way, let's say I wanted to start listening to Metallica...which album should I get?
Old 28-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #93
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

Master of puppets or Ride the Lightning?
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 28-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #94
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Master of Puppets imo, that's the pinnacle of their brilliance I think. Ride The Lightning is good but really gets wayy too much praise, it's a great album but not superb.

Personally this is the order you should go about if you want to get into Metallica: Master Of Puppets, Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 28-08-2006, 03:21 AM   #95
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Mmkay, will do! k:

Old 28-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #96
Moonstrider
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heretic @ Aug 22 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]250132[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I wasnt aware that Psycroptic or Virgin Black had visited you guys, but its cool to hear they had. I wonder how was the response/turnout? Because as you know it costs more than a few shiny gold pieces to trek to Norway. I do know a number of promoters here in W.A as well as in the eastern and southern states so if you know of many bands that might 'pull' well there then give them a mention and ill see what the promoters and bands think if i know them. I have personal contact with a few of the bands i suppose, but the rest is through no more than mere emails which of course anyone can find should they look.

Some personal favourites from my homeland would be : Abyssic Hate, Impact Winter, Darklord, Nazxul, Portal, Hated By Humanity, Destroyer666, Pestilential Shadows, Lord Kaos (r.i.p/defunct) Disembowelment, Avrigus.. i could go on and on, but this is a short list of ones that i thouroughly enjoy.
[/b]
Virgin Black hasn't been here yet. Only Psycroptic. They were warming up for Nile. (In fact I prefer Psycroptic, especially after hearing them live.) I think they got a lot of new fans at that concert though.

I bet Virgin black would pull in a good crowd. And probably Disembowelment and Destroyer666 too as those are quite known. But I do understand the problem with the money very much. Why can't bands get government support to go touring ? "HEY! Here are our bands, see how proud we are of them!"
Moonstrider is offline                         Send a private message to Moonstrider
Old 28-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #97
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Aug 28 2006, 05:08 AM) [snapback]251329[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Master of Puppets imo, that's the pinnacle of their brilliance I think. Ride The Lightning is good but really gets wayy too much praise, it's a great album but not superb.

Personally this is the order you should go about if you want to get into Metallica: Master Of Puppets, Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, And Justice For All.
[/b]
My personal favourite is Kill Em All, but they're all great albums. Just check them all out, no matter what order, and forget all their later crap. k:
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 28-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #98
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Okay...now for those of you who even care or listen to Slipknot: Which album is better, their self-titled or Iowa?

I like Iowa better, personally... (no way!)
Old 29-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #99
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Aug 28 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]251494[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Okay...now for those of you who even care or listen to Slipknot: Which album is better, their self-titled or Iowa?

I like Iowa better, personally... (no way!)
[/b]
Iowa is probably the better album, but the self titled one and the newer one that I forget the name of are both good too.

As for Metallica, personally I'm not a big fan of any of their stuff (to put it mildly) but I think if you're gonna check out anything by them, get Master of Puppets.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 29-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #100
Himmler
Trollmaster General

anyone listened to peccatum - strangling from within? man i love the album (from the time when ihsahn was in the band)
i'm gonna try and find The return from bathory... wish me luck LOL
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler