Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
alihirsch

Default Role playing game

Hi,
I have been looking for this game all over and I thought I remember the name but I can not find anything online. I am not quite sure if it even was released in the USA or only Germany, but I thought its name was dragula, but google always corrects it to dracula

1. It is an older game pre 2000 I remember we had it on a floppy disk
2. It's a birds point of view game and your enemies only move when you move
3. I remember the starting area is a field and someone killed your family
4. The first town has a castle which you don't get into until later
5. If you die a silly screen comes up where aliens abducted you
6. You can travel from cities to cities using a map ( I know it doesn't help alot )
7. The end takes place i believe in a volcano and your endboss is a wizard who's name is dragula I think

If anyone has any clue please let me know. I wish I had pictures but I can't find anything and my drawings are horrible
Thanks so much
alihirsch is offline                         Send a private message to alihirsch
Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I believe that the game you are looking for is part of the Legacy of Kain series.

Probably the first one.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
alihirsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I believe that the game you are looking for is part of the Legacy of Kain series.

Probably the first one.
It looks similar, but the graphics were more simple, with comic style colors.
alihirsch is offline                         Send a private message to alihirsch
Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Eagle of Fire, only first part of LoK have top-down view. All others are more "3D-ish".

But it's not it, as alihirsch described it as turn-based, and LoK is totally realtime...

alihirsch, can you remember anything about game, like, what monsters do you encounter, and if vampires involved? (Dragula looks like it).
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 06-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yes, it was a longshot. But a few points made me think of that game which could have fit.

I didn't get it was a turn based game though. He said the enemies only move when he moves and many games do have this feature.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I didn't get it was a turn based game though. He said the enemies only move when he moves and many games do have this feature.
Umm... Real-time games? Can you give me example, please? I, honestly, cannot remember any such games - except turn-based ones.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #7
alihirsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Eagle of Fire, only first part of LoK have top-down view. All others are more "3D-ish".

But it's not it, as alihirsch described it as turn-based, and LoK is totally realtime...

alihirsch, can you remember anything about game, like, what monsters do you encounter, and if vampires involved? (Dragula looks like it).
The game is in the "knight area" meaning weapons were guns and swords etc.
Your left side of the screen was the game and on the right side was the statistics etc such as inventory, magic, health etc.

You fight alot of monsters, you fight humans, skeletons , spiders. I remember that you get arrested and put into a cell and you find a way out and end up in a bakery.

You could also use magic and i remember you could polymorph monsters into chairs, I'll try to paint a pic in paint to give an overview of how it looked.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Some of it sounds a bit similar to Castle of the Winds, but there are also differences.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I don't remember names of games which make enemies move only as you move but I've seen plenty of those types of games. My memory is not really good when it is time to remember specifics like names, to say the truth.

Also, why do you think it is a real time strategy? It might, but I don't see enough information to think it absolutely have to be it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
alihirsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Some of it sounds a bit similar to Castle of the Winds, but there are also differences.
It looks so much like castle of the wind like in this screenshot except like i said you have inventory on the right side