Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Hatham

Well i am well and truly shafted. After getting my megadrive back from my mates house (and buying two games for it), i plugged in my megadrive into my tv expecting everything to run smoothly. It didn't.

The power light comes on when i turn the power on, and nothing's wrong with the wiring or my tv, yet, all i seem to get when i turn the megadrive on is a screen with a bit of white fuzz going from the bottom to the top of the screen. I've tried my SNES with the same wiring and it works fine, yet my megadrive has gone tits up.

So before i make my friend buy me a new 'Drive (Megadrive > Friendship), i was wanting to know if anyone could help me at all. I've looked on google and elsewhere to try and find a site but i've come up dry Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hatham is offline                         Send a private message to Hatham
Old 30-10-2006, 04:58 AM   #2
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Sorry to hear about your megadrive, but you should know better than to let a friend use something like that and expect it back in perfect working order. Alas, poor playstation memory card. We knew thee well... <_<
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 30-10-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Damn, I am a proud Megadrive owner myself, I can imagine what it would be like. Actually someone borrowed a good lot of our megadrive games and we can't remember who it was, we'll never see them again.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 30-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Oh man I feel your pain

I'd never let anyone *touch* my megadrive without me being present
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 30-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Hatham

Ah no worries! I was extremely hacked off last night and as a last measure i opened up the megadrive to atleast see if there was anything wrong inside. Opened the casing up and what do i see? A ball of hair.....

Anyway, i take it out and the thing works perfectly! Huzzah!

Now to try and fix my NES, or better still, buy a new one. The NES i've got's been in the family for about 20 years but sadly it knackered out on me a few months back Ah well, it shall get a proper burial :P

Oh one question. Is it worth my bother to try and buy a Sega Saturn and a Atari Jaguar? I've always fancied buying one but from what i hear and remember there were pretty piss-poor in respects to other machines at the time. To be fair i'm mainly wanting to buy an Atari just so i can play the good ol' Aliens Vs Predator!
Hatham is offline                         Send a private message to Hatham
Old 31-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
chainsoar
Master Debater

I think AvP is about the only reason to buy a Jaguar. My friend's dad owned one, and its most interesting attribute is the fact that it was the first home console to be equipped with a 128-bit sound card. The Sega Saturn was pretty crap, although it might be worth it if you're a big Virtua Cop fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 31-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ebay is your friend though, if it's more then a hairball that's causing the problems. I think I've allready got three Megadrives lying around. Two of which are in perfect order, one is a bit... how shall I put it, salvaged :whistle:
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 31-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hatham @ Oct 30 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]264409[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Now to try and fix my NES, or better still, buy a new one. The NES i've got's been in the family for about 20 years but sadly it knackered out on me a few months back Ah well, it shall get a proper burial :P

[/b]
I still have my NES, beautiful grey box that it is. No idea if it still works though, haven't plugged it in for years. Would take too much effort to get round the back of my TV to plug it in, cos my TV is in a kinda awkward location. I'd have to dismantle half the shelf to get at the back haha.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy