Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2005, 06:19 AM   #11
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

I have a feeling this isn't going to over too well but...

Final Fantasy. All of them. Especially 7+. The first six (actually I've never played II or III) had their moments. In fact I thought six was a lot of fun. But #7 killed it for me. That thing was an overlong, boring, poorly translated piece of hogwash. The cut scenes were cool though.

Just so I don't seem like one of those crazy Square-bashers, let me add that I liked Chrono Trigger a lot.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 05-03-2005, 06:22 AM   #12
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I think in regards to Final Fantasy 7 it does seem to be hated quite a bit, reason the amount of fan boys that praise the game for being the greatest Final Fantasy of them all, when in fact for pretty much a lot of them, that was their first Final Fantasy they probably played, not saying it is for everyone, but for some.

I've played Final Fantasy 7 I thought it was an above average game, definitely ranks on my all time great games that I've played near the top for sure, but I can understand why it receive all the hate.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 05-03-2005, 06:26 AM   #13
FreeFreddy

Well, for me this are the most today's FPS & War games, like Counterstrike, Battlefield and all the followings, Metal Gear Solid etc. etc. I simply can't stand this chewn out idea and stories of war and bad terrorists and all. Although I liked the earlier FPS's, like Quake, Hexen 2, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and more. Back then they were more groundbreaking for their time and interesting than now...

Old 05-03-2005, 06:46 AM   #14
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Mar 5 2005, 07:22 AM
I think in regards to Final Fantasy 7 it does seem to be hated quite a bit, reason the amount of fan boys that praise the game for being the greatest Final Fantasy of them all, when in fact for pretty much a lot of them, that was their first Final Fantasy they probably played, not saying it is for everyone, but for some.

Really? Then in order to find a game that EVERYone else loves, I change my answer to Metroid Prime. I know that everyone tells me how brilliant it is, but I found it to be really lifeless. Maybe the idea is that the player is alone on an alien world and supposed to be lost and confused, but I didn't care for it much at all.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 05-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
xcom freak
Games Master

just rememberd the paranoid game u know the bar that has to hit the ball to clear out the squares i hate that game it just :ranting: and issed:
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 05-03-2005, 07:28 AM   #16
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Starcraft was bad. But I also hate civilisation and colonisation. I also hate Diablo, both of them. There are others but I can't think right now.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 05-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #17
FreeFreddy

Well, Diablo II for itself as playing alone is boring, certainly. But playing it in Battle-Net is pretty much a different experience. And there it is where the big fun of the game is in.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:13 AM   #18
Morbid_Pathologist
Forum hobbit

ive got many that i just hate...

World Of Warcraft - its a joke, your paying about $90 (australian) for it, then another $15 (or even more) just to play the stupid thing, and it feels like the biggest everquest/runescape rip-off.

actually...anything by blizzard i just hate, warcraft - boring, diablo - boring, their just a crap company in my opinion, if only good ones like Westwood and Interplay were still around =(

But if theres one game that i hate even more than world of gaycraft, its Command And Conquer : Generals...this game, its completely disgraced the command and conquer series, i mean...3D!, what the hell!, rule number 1, a strategy game must NOT be made in a 3d engine, its as simple as that, they all turn out slow, boring, and look terrible.
Morbid_Pathologist is offline                         Send a private message to Morbid_Pathologist
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #19
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I liked C & C Generals,but I think I should post it to "Favorite Game That Everyone Else Hates" :whistle:
The World of Warcraft looked interesting but when I heard you must pay about
$90 :blink: :roflol:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #20
Gormash
Abandonia nerd

I never really got that whole CounterStrike deal.
It's a bunch of people running around like fearless Ramob's, shooting at each other. Nah, I prefer Ghost Recon where you at least has a level og realism. CS is just dull, boring and for some reason it makes me think of nuns... o_O
Gormash is offline                         Send a private message to Gormash