Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #261
Oskatat
Game freak

very true, but if you want to figure some stuff out yourself and not just copy a build from the stars wiki, and also try out all different powers and stuff, it gets quite complicated, but thats just my opinion
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 15-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #262
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Sorry but if you want to take that road with STARS! then you're already firing yourself in the foot because it was made entirely to be played multiplayer against human players. Not to be played alone for you to discover.

There is of course a single player mode but that's pretty much a trial mode where you can waste time understanding the logic of the game (at the very basic level of play when you start) and test out some builds to see if they hold out right.

You cannot compare STARS! and MoO on this level. It is like comparing apples with oranges.
Old 15-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #263
Oskatat
Game freak

good point and completely right, though for me the challenge is getting to master the game and such

at that, MoO doesn't really offer that much more in that respect
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 21-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #264
Phreeze_lu
Forum hobbit

set myself the challeng on my ooold savegame to massive conquer planets. I'm playing Bulrathi and boosted my ground troops.
Problem now: the whole council is against me, and they quickly grew in technology! My ground troops were winning with 10 men vs over 70, but now they have equal or nearly equal tech...

will become very hard to win must set on spies to steal some tech now
Phreeze_lu is offline                         Send a private message to Phreeze_lu
Old 16-07-2017, 03:50 AM   #265
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Well, if you use Game Wizard, well you can advance very quickly.

A very funny fact was that I had already conquered almost the entire galaxy, with two opponents remaining, one being located in the northwest and the other in the southeast of the galaxy.

They both had only one solar system. I offered tons of money and both built tiny ships. And one declared war on the other, but they both avoided fighting with me, for my ships were very powerful.

And one traced the route to the solar system of the other and although they did not have the long-distance space technology, the game did not prevent these discrepancies. What partiality, right, dear Micropose...
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 23-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #266
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I will compare the games between the prequel Master of Orion and his sequel Master of Orion II.

The MOO has its characters in more cartoon style and more cute while the MOOII has the more digitized style. An example would be the nice robot from GNN. In MOO, the robot has a very cute appearance; Already in MOOII, it has a more cool and distant appearance.

I do not remember if MOO has its champions or heroes. Already in MOOII, you need to select and reject if necessary, the best heroes or those that best fit your needs.

Not to mention that MOOII background musics are great. Composer Laura really did a great job. I really enjoyed the BGM of the Galactic Map (except 1) and the Space Battle BGM.

In MOOII you have the fearsome and bellicose Antarians. If you have a technology that allows you to invade and conquer enemy ships, it would be very interesting to use it to invade Antarians ships (if you do not use cheat codes) to obtain technologies available to the Orions and Antarians. But be careful, for Antarians can self-destruct their ships if they are captured.

I conquered several Antarians ships including invading the planet Antares. I conquered the Space Base and all the Antarians ships, but I could not get them into my galaxy. If you retire, the Antarians ships and base will remain in the space of Antares.

One thing that confused me is that if the Galactic Council appoints you as “Master of Orion” and you refuse the title, everyone declares war on you!

One sadistic thing I used to do to my opponents was to edit their Home Worlds: tiny-sized Planet; Planet of toxic radiation environment; Planet of mineral resources very poor; Only 01 Planet in the Solar System while the others are Asteroids.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I have two OST versions of the MOO2 game, one that I got on the site and the other through GOG.com.

I also forgot to mention the Stellar Converter. I avoided using this powerful weapon so as not to destroy the planets. I pretty much forgot (or cannot remember) the technologies, but I had the technology of total invisibility.

Last edited by Mystvan; 25-07-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 07-10-2019, 03:50 AM   #267
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

I love MOO so darn much.. so this new game sounds good! Free early release you can play right now.. love letter to MOO1.. infinite techs.. dynamic AI.. wormhole/starlane game or not.. super customizable UI & gameplay. Good stuff!

https://starchart-interactive.itch.io/dominus-galaxia

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 28-06-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: link died
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 08-10-2019, 12:36 AM   #268
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake00 View Post

I love MOO so darn much.. so this new game sounds good! Free early release you can play right now.. love letter to MOO1.. infinite techs.. dynamic AI.. wormhole/starlane game or not.. super customizable UI & gameplay. Good stuff!

https://explorminate.co/2019/10/06/d...-has-launched/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwG4D-fCsg
Master of Orion... Hmmm... Looks like you’ve been able to find several “Remake” versions of *ahem* Good Old Games... Very good!

Thanks for the info, Dr. Indy Jones aka Tomb Raider of Good Old Games !
Old 28-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #269
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Master of Orion... Hmmm... Looks like you’ve been able to find several “Remake” versions of *ahem* Good Old Games... Very good!

Thanks for the info, Dr. Indy Jones aka Tomb Raider of Good Old Games !
haha yeah it's kind of my obsession lol.. still living in the world of 90s gaming haha!

Speaking of which I've found yet another love letter to Master of Orion except this one is more MOO2 like! Has anyone here tried this one? If so was it good? Was it stable? Apparently the indie team behind it consists of only 2 people haha! It looks pretty awesome so am thinking about trying it out now that it's finally on sale (it's normally pretty pricey lol).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...Space_Genesis/

Have been watching this dude's video series of it and am just blown away!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 28-06-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 30-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #270
Strelok5590

Wait, ISG is pretty cheap right now, I should grab it... I'm technically supposed to write something about the impact of the Greek citizenship by investment https://tranio.com/greece/passport/ on the country's economy and real estate market, but, well, I've still got a couple days left, and I'm a quick writer, so...
Strelok5590 is offline                         Send a private message to Strelok5590