Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #31
captchaossega

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i see, downloaded the game and yes, we have a rip. the whole game is too big to put on site. however, there's a full cd version in the iso cellar, but only registered members have access. here's link to the full game image thread once you're registered http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21194

no problem (: pm me when you have time and i'll help you upload them
does that one contain the music files? That's what I'm looking for, the regular download didn't include any music.
captchaossega is offline                         Send a private message to captchaossega
Old 13-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #32
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The one in the ISO cellar is a copy of the CD. So if the normal CD version had music then it will be there on the ISO version.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #33
captchaossega

Default How to use the files?

ok, got the files , how do I get them to work? I'm new to ISO files and stuff. Do I install everything to a folder or have to transfer it to an ISO file onto a disk or just the zipped files as is onto a disk? I'm not sure how to do it.
captchaossega is offline                         Send a private message to captchaossega
Old 17-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The first, but not quite. You need a special utility that allows your machine to read ISO files as if they were real CDs. Virtual CloneDrive or Daemon Tools are two examples of such programs.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #35
captchaossega

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
The first, but not quite. You need a special utility that allows your machine to read ISO files as if they were real CDs. Virtual CloneDrive or Daemon Tools are two examples of such programs.
Interesting, but are there any other ways? I did some research on Clonedrive and although the reviews were good, I found some horror stories where it messed up some users computers because of a conflict with Window's XP Service Pack 2, so I'm hesitant to install it.

The only thing I really need is the music as I downloaded the main one first as opposed to the ISO cellar one. It there a way to simply extract the music and put it in the respective music folders?
Old 17-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Just use PowerISO or Daemon Tools...I have been for years and have never had a problem. Theres also Alcohol120% out there as well.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #37
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaossega View Post
Interesting, but are there any other ways? I did some research on Clonedrive and although the reviews were good, I found some horror stories where it messed up some users computers because of a conflict with Window's XP Service Pack 2, so I'm hesitant to install it.
.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If you don't wanna virtual drives or CCD, burn your image to a 'real' CD.
Use this : (freeware and damn good)
http://www.imgburn.com/
Swallows (almost) any CD image format you throw on it.
BTW: Congrats if you're able to screw up something on your PC with that soft.

However, ol'games are really best mounted on a virtual drive .... just saying. Too much CD read access with the according spin up /down delays and noises. Remember the old CD drives were 2-4-6 ... speed and didn't spin down.
But it's your choice, of course.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaossega View Post
Those horror stories most likely come from people who messed with something they shouldn't have. I've got WinXP SP2 and Virtual CloneDrive has been my virtual drive of choice for half a decade now - no problems with it, ever.
Quote:
The only thing I really need is the music as I downloaded the main one first as opposed to the ISO cellar one. It there a way to simply extract the music and put it in the respective music folders?
If you can figure out where it is stored and have a way to reintegrate it, then probably yes. IMO, however, that's an overcomplicated solution to a simple problem.

Also, if you really have to go that way, you can burn a CD using the ISO file (remember you need to use your burning program's specific option for burning images to disc). Same comment applies here too - overcomplicated solution to a simple issue.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #39
captchaossega

Default burned the filed with imgburn but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If you don't wanna virtual drives or CCD, burn your image to a 'real' CD.
Use this : (freeware and damn good)
http://www.imgburn.com/
Swallows (almost) any CD image format you throw on it.
BTW: Congrats if you're able to screw up something on your PC with that soft.

got that program, made some custom DVDs with it.

However, ol'games are really best mounted on a virtual drive .... just saying. Too much CD read access with the according spin up /down delays and noises. Remember the old CD drives were 2-4-6 ... speed and didn't spin down.
But it's your choice, of course.
ok, burned all the files from the ISO cellar into an ISO file but now all I have is a dvd with the iso file, I need to make a bootable game. Did I do somehting wrong?
Old 17-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #40
captchaossega

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Those horror stories most likely come from people who messed with something they shouldn't have. I've got WinXP SP2 and Virtual CloneDrive has been my virtual drive of choice for half a decade now - no problems with it, ever.
If you can figure out where it is stored and have a way to reintegrate it, then probably yes. IMO, however, that's an overcomplicated solution to a simple problem.

Also, if you really have to go that way, you can burn a CD using the ISO file (remember you need to use your burning program's specific option for burning images to disc). Same comment applies here too - overcomplicated solution to a simple issue.

Tried to install clonedrive and got a warning from windows about potential problems that it could cause, so I opted out of that option for now.

I have imgburn and burned all the zip files into an ISO file but it won't boot up when I pop on the DVD.

What's the correct way to set up the files and burn it so I can get a bootable disk. (And then after I install it, will transfer the music files to non music version I already got from the main download)