Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
kalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkan6 View Post
I found the ISO cellar page, but I'm not sure which one to download. Which one should I use?
Until then I will keep playing on my N64 emulated version.
You have to download all the files on the page the link takes you to. However, as _r.u.s.s mentioned, use jdownloader to get all the files at once...it will be a LOT quicker that way!
Old 14-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #22
eclipsespilce

Default Another Fantastic Game from Acclaim

While I really love the classic games available here, it's fantastic when newer games, especially ones as great as Shadow Man show up. I'm not downloading this version, because I own the disc, but I'm excited for all that get to play this game for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, music and great story are what's in store for you. I play mouse + Keyboard, but controller fans can get in on this one. Even though the graphics may be blocky for some (nobody around here, I'm sure), the sounds and gameplay make this title rise above. Not sure what is missing from the Rip, but play it anyway. If you get the hunger for more, do a little looking, d/l the ISO, or check yer local resale shop. You just may find a copy. Acclaim is a major distributor, so there are plenty of copies available. I really like Acclaim games, and you should at least try some of the titles available here to see for yourself. For example: Turok is a lot of fun (for being about 13 years old), and Re-Volt is spectacular! Please, PLEASE, check out Re-Volt, which is HANDS-DOWN the best RC Car game I've ever played.

Thanks again, guys, for putting this up!
eclipsespilce is offline                         Send a private message to eclipsespilce
Old 14-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsespilce View Post
While I really love the classic games available here, it's fantastic when newer games, especially ones as great as Shadow Man show up. I'm not downloading this version, because I own the disc, but I'm excited for all that get to play this game for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, music and great story are what's in store for you. I play mouse + Keyboard, but controller fans can get in on this one. Even though the graphics may be blocky for some (nobody around here, I'm sure), the sounds and gameplay make this title rise above. Not sure what is missing from the Rip, but play it anyway. If you get the hunger for more, do a little looking, d/l the ISO, or check yer local resale shop. You just may find a copy. Acclaim is a major distributor, so there are plenty of copies available. I really like Acclaim games, and you should at least try some of the titles available here to see for yourself. For example: Turok is a lot of fun (for being about 13 years old), and Re-Volt is spectacular! Please, PLEASE, check out Re-Volt, which is HANDS-DOWN the best RC Car game I've ever played.

Thanks again, guys, for putting this up!
yeah, acclaim has great games
actually re-volt is one of the most downloaded games on abandonia

by the way, we are still waiting for the scans =P
Old 16-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #24
kalron

Everything seems to be working fine with the ISO so far...however, the only glitch I have is that I cannot hear gunshots???

I have all other sound effects, and there is even an effect for what I destroy with the gun, just no gunshot.

Any ideas or similar problems?
Old 28-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
Weavaloid

Send a message via MSN to Weavaloid

When I set the controlls in at the start at the game, I can't save & quit it, not even the cancell button doesn't work.
I'm using Windows 7 and I don't know if it got any effect on that.
Can someone help me with this problem?
Thanks
Weavaloid is offline                         Send a private message to Weavaloid
Old 24-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #26
Unregistered11111
Question Where is the music?

Downloaded and was able to figure out how to adjust the resolution. Plays good and looks great but I have no music files. Are they included or absent from this verision?

Old 24-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you mean this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by review
Once you unzip the game, run UNPACK.BAT in order to unpack the sound files, and the game will work.
Old 27-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #28
eclipsespilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
yeah, acclaim has great games
actually re-volt is one of the most downloaded games on abandonia

by the way, we are still waiting for the scans =P
Holy crap, I'm such an ASS! Yep, I'll upload those as soon as I finish scanning the map (I have to use the scanner at work, 'cause that sucker is too big for mine at home.

Dang...Looks like I gotta whip myself again tonight (where's that cat 'o nine tails?)
eclipsespilce is offline                         Send a private message to eclipsespilce
Old 29-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #29
Unregistered1
Default Voice and sound sfx good, just no music

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
you mean this?
The sound effects and voices are just fine.

It's there is no music folder at all once I unpacked it.

Old 29-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i see, downloaded the game and yes, we have a rip. the whole game is too big to put on site. however, there's a full cd version in the iso cellar, but only registered members have access. here's link to the full game image thread once you're registered http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21194

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsespilce View Post
Holy crap, I'm such an ASS! Yep, I'll upload those as soon as I finish scanning the map (I have to use the scanner at work, 'cause that sucker is too big for mine at home.

Dang...Looks like I gotta whip myself again tonight (where's that cat 'o nine tails?)
no problem (: pm me when you have time and i'll help you upload them

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 29-10-2010 at 11:16 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.