Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #41
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Best way is to use Google...
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 28-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #42
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<seethe>

Your review convinced me to exhert great effort to aquire this game. I'm going to beat it now, but more out of angst than expectation.

When you said this game was like Myst I was expecting something a little more free roaming and open ended. Myst? This ain't Myst. Take an unconnected storyline, even poorer acting than Myst with actors in strange paper-mache masks, stuff it down Dr. Brain's game engine so that you're presented with puzzles in a linear order and this is what you get.

I don't think I'd be in such a bad mood about it I haddn't been so missled. Companions of Xanth is more like Myst than this. This is Dr. Brain all growed-up.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #43
orieac

Ween is now supported by ScummVM SVN.

Quote:
Originally posted by From Scummvm webpage
As some of you may already be aware of, the engines of Gobliins 2 and Ween: The Prophecy share a lot of code. The differences have now been taken care of and we therefore add it to the list of our supported games. As always, we'd like you, our users, to report any still existing bugs.

You know the procedure: Grab your copy of Ween: The Prophecy and a daily build of ScummVM, read the bug submission guidelines, find the bugs and place them in the REVUSS (our bug tracker).

...and thus will the bugs be wiped out...
orieac is offline                         Send a private message to orieac
Old 23-02-2007, 04:14 AM   #44

Yes, but, I lack the color book, so I'm stuck at the protection scene :P

Old 31-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #45
enchantedmoons
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up

Hi everyone. I've been trying to play Ween in XP and not having much luck. I saw that one of the members mentioned turning off the sound and then hitting ESC when the first scene comes on. I'm not sure how to get into the menu to turn off the sound though. I've tried hitting F4 but nothing happens. If anyone could help me figure out how to get into the menu to turn the sound off, I'd really (really) appreciate it!

Thanks!
Tracy :thanx:

PS Totally off topic, but I have to ask....where do you guys find these awesome smilies? And, can you use them on other sites or in email, or just on this site? Thanks!
enchantedmoons is offline                         Send a private message to enchantedmoons
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #46
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox to run the game. You can download it here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #47
enchantedmoons
Forum hobbit

Ah...thanks Fifth Horseman! I think I was secretly hoping I wouldn't have to use it, but I guess I'll bite the bullet. LOL

Tracy, off to download it now
enchantedmoons is offline                         Send a private message to enchantedmoons
Old 02-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #48
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You might want to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and particularly this part of it. It is quite helpful for users unfamiliar with DosBox.

I suggest you also read the pages about command line, internal programs (very important!) and the config file.

If that stuff is a bit too much for you, you might consider using one of the multiple frontend programs available.

It's all easier then it seems. So remember:
DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #49
esgmaster
Super Freak

Good game. Unfortunately I'm stuck at the area where you lose all your items. Where are the "creeper" vines?

EDIT: Nevermind I found them.

Last edited by esgmaster; 09-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.
esgmaster is offline                         Send a private message to esgmaster
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #50
Akira
Forum hobbit

YAY! Am so glad this is on Abandonia! I remember playing this when I was little, I loved it so much! (I love Urm!) :thumbs:

Don't know why you related it to Myst though... I don't really see any connections myself...
Akira is offline                         Send a private message to Akira