Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #51
falkor95

Talking

yeah sorry about that Tito I did hesitate when I quoted DM but I love it so much!!! :w00t:
falkor95 is offline                         Send a private message to falkor95
Old 06-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #52
feminista
Abandonia nerd

Mmmm... I love point and click adventures.

I'm finally taking the time to finish The Dig now (I started playing the same year it came out, but it wasn't my personal copy of the game, so it's taken me until now to obtain a copy and complete it). I'm right at the end, but I'm stuck. Grr. Still, one of the finest games I've played. Amazing atmosphere, great voice acting, and amazingly, it keeps you hooked in a dead world where you only have two other people (or often one) to talk to.

I was raised on point and click: King's Quest, Legend of Kyrandia 2, The Neverhood, Monkey Island, all sorts of fun stuff. I missed out on a few Lucasarts games, though, and I'm trying to get them now: Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, and Grim Fandango. I've got a copy of Grim Fandango, and I've just started it.

Mmmm, it's been a long time since I've visited this site.
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista
Old 06-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #53
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by feminista@Nov 6 2005, 07:24 PM
The Neverhood
A great game! There are just few ones who remember it :w00t:

But isn't by Lucasart, so i'm going
Old 06-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #54
feminista
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere+Nov 6 2005, 07:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Quintopotere @ Nov 6 2005, 07:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-feminista@Nov 6 2005, 07:24 PM
The Neverhood
A great game! There are just few ones who remember it :w00t:

But isn't by Lucasart, so i'm going [/b][/quote]
I don't remember this being a Lucasarts thread. ^_~

But yes, I do so love The Neverhood. One of the many things that originally got me into claymation. Great visuals in that game.
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista
Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #55
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Uh... :blink: You were right!

I had confused the topics: this is not just about Lucasart...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #56
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by feminista@Nov 6 2005, 11:32 PM
But yes, I do so love The Neverhood. One of the many things that originally got me into claymation. Great visuals in that game.
Yeah, but what other claymation games do you know, if I may ask?
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 10-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #57
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I enjoyed The Neverhood, but it's puzzles were horrid, almost none of them made any sense.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 10-11-2005, 10:47 PM   #58
feminista
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by GraveDigger+Nov 10 2005, 11:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GraveDigger @ Nov 10 2005, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-feminista@Nov 6 2005, 11:32 PM
But yes, I do so love The Neverhood.* One of the many things that originally got me into claymation.* Great visuals in that game.
Yeah, but what other claymation games do you know, if I may ask? [/b][/quote]
Well, no other claymation games, but I like all kinds of claymation stuff.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:29 AM   #59
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by feminista+Nov 11 2005, 03:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (feminista @ Nov 11 2005, 03:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-GraveDigger@Nov 10 2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah, but what other claymation games do you know, if I may ask?
Well, no other claymation games, but I like all kinds of claymation stuff.[/b][/quote]
Well, there are few more claymation games, but unfortunately, none of them are in English, but they are playable. Here are the details:

- Agent Helina (Czech) also known as, Clay Agent (Russian)
- Clay Dreams (Russian)
- Last Year's Snow Was Falling (Russian)
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #60
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinnyq12@Oct 13 2005, 11:39 PM
As the years go on and I get older I see less and less of these great games going out there.
The genre is slowly coming back to life. With LucasArts firing all the people that work on adventures games. But they've made new companies.

Double Fine
Psychonauts is they're latest adventure game. It even has a referation to Monkey Island 1.

Telltale
The creators of the Bone games. Also making the Sam & Max series.

Autumn Moon
Consists of a lot of the CMI team. Currently making A Vampyre Story. Pretty much the same interface as CMI too.

Ron Gilbert
Ok, not a company. But he's thinking of making an RPG. BTW, this guy created SCUMM, Maniac Mansion and the almighty Monkey Island.

I've yet to play The Dig. I really need to get a hold of that. Then I've played all the LEC adventure games. And when I finish, I'll have completed all the LucasArtsAdventure Games.