Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Default Pac-Man Parody, possibly newer than DOS era, possibly not.

Wow.
So I have...
1... 2...
Zuma-Like
Pac-Man Parody
Picture eater
Miner and Mice
Platformer in forest, possibly Apogee.

That's my list.
But you are only supposed to do one per post, so this thread is about "Pac-Man Parody".

So, a long while back, when my Dad had this old Windows 98/maybe 95 laptop, we got this game, it was a Pac-Man-esque game, but it had something similar to SVGA graphics, (It was 2D) and was much smaller scale.
For instance, the levels were smaller, and your movable character was bigger.
Kindof like when you change the resolution on your computer screen, you know?

Also, the main character could drink cokes for bonus points or health, and possibly eat cherries.
I don't remember ghosts or anything similar chasing you, but that could just be me.
It must've had a shareware version,
but if you bought the game, you had to enter in a code in the registration screen that they would probably have E-mailed to you.
The main character was NOT a Pac-Man type thing. He was some other kind of creature, some reason I think he could've been a distortedly shaped plumber.

The game would have occasional bonus stages, I think, and it was, at the time, very fun.

I've been looking for this for years. Multiple google searches have possessed no luck.

If anyone knows of anything similar, please, comment.

Also, if anyone is expressly interested to hear more info about anything in the above "Future Threads" list, please say so and I'll see what I can do about getting a thread up with as much info as I can provide.

StaaViinsZ

P.S. this game is NOT PAC-PC or CD-MAN. It is much less Pac-Man like than these games, and those games don't have most or any of the above elements that I mentioned above for this game.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 22-11-2013 at 02:34 AM.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 22-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It's not the Dizzy, by the chance?

Fast Food, I mean.
Old 22-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy Nay My Fiends

No, sadly, it is not. That is a very good guess, though.
The main character was not an egg.
Keep trying(anyone)!

Thanks for a very good try Smilie!

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 23-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Have you browsed these lists already?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/pac-man-variants
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...games-licensed
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 24-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Arrow Alas...

First: No, I have not browsed those lists already.
Thanks for those.

Alas, my dear friend, 'Tis not in the first list. I looked through Pac-Man variants in it's entirety. No luck. Looked at each item individually to see if I recognized any screens. Nay.

The second list is all official "Licensed Pac-Man Games". I do not think this one was licensed by Namco.

At this point it must be pretty obscure. My dad could've gotten it on a shareware compilation disc, although it's unlikely. More likely that he downloaded it from the Internet. It was years ago, though, so who knows.

We can still hope... although it seems lost at this point...??

Old 25-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Absolutely not sure but the words "Pac-Man parody" bring the Pac-Guy/Pea Guy games to memory:
http://astralent.com
http://astralent.com/PacPack/
Old 25-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy Sadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Absolutely not sure but the words "Pac-Man parody" bring the Pac-Guy/Pea Guy games to memory:
http://astralent.com
http://astralent.com/PacPack/
Sorry...
Hate to stump everyone...
These are Pac-Man Parodies, however, not the one I was looking for.
Thanks everyone for their help so far-- No one can say you didn't try!
The game was a lot less pac-man-ey than some other clones, so I don't think that it had a yellow Pac for a main character.

But by all means, anyone who has a guess that hasn't been said, try it!
It can't hurt!

Old 26-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Try to elaborate more, Stavinz. I.e. how it is looks overall (cartoony graphics, bird's view, isometric, yellowish gamma, etc.). And give more info about gameplay - is hero sliding, as packman? Running? Jumping? What is he collects? Numerous dots, rare cherries, color squares? Such things.