Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
Massacabre

I think there should be a User Reviews option for the games, which they could give a rating and a review to the game. I've noticed some good games have been given bad reviews, so maybe this would be a way to hear from all sides of the issue.
Massacabre is offline                         Send a private message to Massacabre
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You mean like a comments thing?
It'd be cool, but you can already give the game a rating yourself (I'm not calling you stupid, it's obvious that you noticed it). As for the kinda "user review" it'd be cool, and I like it, but everyone's just going to tell you that "that's what the forums are for".

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #3
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Apr 10 2006, 02:51 AM
You mean like a comments thing?
It'd be cool, but you can already give the game a rating yourself (I'm not calling you stupid, it's obvious that you noticed it). As for the kinda "user review" it'd be cool, and I like it, but everyone's just going to tell you that "that's what the forums are for".
That is what i'm going to do

That is what the forum is for. Especially the "discuss this game"-linky-thingy.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Not to mention that this's been discussed before. Last time's been a year ago, if I remember correct, if not longer ago. It wasn't added then for one main reason: The main focus lies with getting more games up, expanding our games database.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 10-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

But the option of editing (even replacing) reviewes is always there!

As I said to a few people having remarks about my reviews - write a better one, I'd be happy to replace the one that I've put up. Well, no-one ever did.

Thus far only one review has been replaced - The Secret of Monkey Island, other then that no alternative has even been provided.

On the other hand some coments on certain games are more then informative and very welcome aditions to the review.

By the way, if you get a feeling a review is bad, who's to say that a one by you will be generally excepted as good?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

O yeah that would be so much fun for the translators! :eeeeeh:
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 10-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Stebbi@Apr 10 2006, 05:06 PM
O yeah that would be so much fun for the translators! :eeeeeh:
Yeah! :angry:
O, which reviews are bad according to you, then?
I find the quality of the reviews here pretty good, actually!
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 10-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Apr 10 2006, 03:08 AM
Not to mention that this's been discussed before. Last time's been a year ago, if I remember correct, if not longer ago.
Why don't I remember this conversation? Oh yeah because I haddn't found Abandonia at that time.

I'm gonna start a new petition movement. Be Respectful of Newbes. Gonna call it "B.R.O.N." Link respectfully to thge old thread, fine. Wave your hand ambigusiously and say "Why are you brining this up again," ...that's just rude. I'm the old guy on some boards. The same topics get brought up by annonimous posters all the time, over and over again. It's life. Well, it's life on the internet anyways.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by guesst@Apr 10 2006, 05:24 PM
Why don't I remember this conversation? Oh yeah because I haddn't found Abandonia at that time.

I'm gonna start a new petition movement. Be Respectful of Newbes. Gonna call it "B.R.O.N." Link respectfully to thge old thread, fine. Wave your hand ambigusiously and say "Why are you brining this up again," ...that's just rude. I'm the old guy on some boards. The same topics get brought up by annonimous posters all the time, over and over again. It's life. Well, it's life on the internet anyways.
It is not a question of "not Being Respectful of Newbies"...

If you read Kon-Tiki's post carefully, you would noticed that after he mentioned the sentence you quoted, he answered what was decided the last time this subject was discussed.

And, in my opinion, yes, everybody is free to suggest chances, but be prepared to defend his/her point of view... Of course too many changes would become the translators "nightmare"
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by guesst+Apr 10 2006, 04:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guesst @ Apr 10 2006, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kon-Tiki@Apr 10 2006, 03:08 AM
Not to mention that this's been discussed before. Last time's been a year ago, if I remember correct, if not longer ago.

I'm gonna start a new petition movement. Be Respectful of Newbes. Gonna call it "B.R.O.N." Link respectfully to thge old thread, fine. Wave your hand ambigusiously and say "Why are you brining this up again," ...that's just rude. I'm the old guy on some boards. The same topics get brought up by annonimous posters all the time, over and over again. It's life. Well, it's life on the internet anyways. [/b][/quote]
well there is a search option.
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi