Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #221
Bp103
Game freak

The Quake series just got hooked about 6 weeks ago with no stop in site, for now anyways. i got it on all my consoles / computers. lan party anyone?:cheesy:
Bp103 is offline                         Send a private message to Bp103
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #222
dosraider
Dismembered.

If by LAN party you mean COOP game, you may come over here when we gonna do the next Q2 LAN.
But beware, we're all approx the same age and that Q2 gaming is mainly a cheap excuse to get shamelessly and completely drunk by the end of the night.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #223
ysorian
Uneducated Member

As far as i go i prob spent most of my late teenage years on civ 2... one of my mates is addicted to some online RPG tho.. not sure which... he plays it 12+ hrs a day and while he's workin at night hes set up some sort of macro thing so his character keeps wanderin around killin the easy things for small amounts of extra XP. So in a way he never stops... its been almost a year now
ysorian is offline                         Send a private message to ysorian
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #224
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
gaming is mainly a cheap excuse to get shamelessly and completely drunk by the end of the night.
i kinda thought that's the point of lan party:worried:
Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #225
fender178
Abandonia nerd

I was addicted to starcraft Diablo diablo2 but I didnt stay up all night playing em because I was still in school at that time period but it was to a point where my personal hygiene was becoming a factor and that was on weekends.
fender178 is offline                         Send a private message to fender178
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #226
nvrmre

I don't know if i can say that I've been so addicted to a game that I lost days of sleep over, but there are some that I certainly have had enormous trouble putting down. World of Warcraft is currently my vice. I remember going through some phases with the original Roller Coaster Tycoon where I was up to the wee hours and couldn't bring myself to trun the computer off. The hours would just fly when playing that game
nvrmre is offline                         Send a private message to nvrmre
Old 20-07-2008, 06:39 AM   #227
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I was addicted to runescape then I got memebers played for a week then found it boring collecting pure essence at stopped.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 27-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #228
ultimaIX
Forum hobbit

Default Ultima is King!

heh, i was addicted to ultima 5, ultima 6, ultima 7, ultima 7 part 2 (notice a trend? ) I still have the "gameplan" notes i would make in school, planning out that night's goals in detail so when i got home i could grab a 2-liter, sit down, and not move for hours and hours. I can't think of anything i've ever done or played that had such a huge influence on my life. Even today, i'm still driven by the "virtues", thinking to myself "that's not showing humility; etc." when faced with a moral decision. I remember sitting there recording all the item numbers, npc numbers, egg functions, everything - trying to figure out exactly how it worked. Not to mention trying to get the u7 series to run on my rather poor computer (to this day i still have nightmares about VooDoo and the "mem" screen, lol) I can honestly say that my intense love of computers stems from having to learn exactly how every byte of memory is allocated at boot-up just to get the stupid game to load w/ mouse support. (let's not even consider getting the sound to work!) I give richard garriot a tip of my hat for creating such a unique and in-depth series of games, during a time when the standard for most games of it's kind was almost entirely text based or hack and slash. Even to this day i still play them often - thanks to programs like Exult and DOSBox that allow these near-perfect examples of how a game SHOULD be designed to persist on modern computers.
ultimaIX is offline                         Send a private message to ultimaIX
Old 29-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #229
Miles
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via MSN to Miles Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Ultima addict here as well. Back in the day I also used to play a lot of WarCraft: Orcs and Humans as well as Timequest and The Terminator: 2029.
Miles is offline                         Send a private message to Miles
Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #230
karooble

My main addictions? Diablo 2 and WoW. I've overcome them now, but I'm screwed when Diablo III comes out.
karooble is offline                         Send a private message to karooble