Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #41
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

they are selling blackthorne for game boy advanced, not for pc
http://www.blizzard.co.uk/blizzclassic/

and where did you find warcraft selling?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #42
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Sorry. That was a typo. I meant to say "I couldn't".
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #43
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Oh, i was little confused by "i don't think so"
Old 11-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #44
Ghost Pig

Back again!

This campaign took something of a nose dive during the time I was off-line, after writing up a brief summary of the campaign activity so far (including a list of companies that I’ve contacted and their (lack of) responses), I’ve been persuaded that it might be a good idea to continue the campaign - especially as we couldn’t expect the industry to change just because of one article and a few emails being sent to them.

I intended the next stage of the campaign to be to send out hard copies of the campaign with a covering letter (there’s a template of this, a printable version of the campaign, as well as some addresses in a zip file that can be downloaded – here) to Companies who published some of the older titles that we want the ability to play again. I would really appreciate any further inputs/feedback that people could offer at this stage (the constructive kind, rather than the “This won’t work and you’re stupid for trying” kind please). Also, if you’ve contacted any publishers/developers with a link to this campaign and obtained feedback, it would be great if you could email/PM me, and I could update the list I linked to previously.

I’m not saying the templates that I’ve created are perfect, but they’re a good starting point. If someone can think of a more appropriate way to word the letter, with a turn of phrase that will make publishers give further consideration to these ideas – then I’d be happy to change it and credit the appropriate person.

This ‘campaign’ seems to have consisted (as far as I know) of me chasing the publishers, emailing news sites with the article, and posting in numerous forums (as well as making my friends tarnish their reputations by insisting that they help me spread the word on the forums that they frequent). This really should have been more of a group effort, with others chasing, posting and educating people about what we would really like to happen (however unlikely).

As I say, I'd welcome any feedback/suggestions you may have!
Ghost Pig is offline                         Send a private message to Ghost Pig