Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #31
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

@ soldier: And between the NES and the N64 still was the SNES!!!

NES -> 53 colors (could display 24 at the same time)
SNES -> 256
N64 -> 64 bit architecture and 32 bit colors

That's what it's about! <_<
Old 21-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #32
Scarface
Newbie.... Not!

Quote:
Originally posted by Icewolf@Mar 21 2006, 09:32 AM
And between each console there was a considerable amount of time. Not like today's consoles.

Old 21-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #33
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface+Mar 21 2006, 06:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scarface @ Mar 21 2006, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Icewolf@Mar 21 2006, 09:32 AM
And between each console there was a considerable amount of time. Not like today's consoles. [/b][/quote]
Back then it was all about the gaming.

Today it's all about the money. Anyone played Halo 2? You get the point.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 21-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #34
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ok, it's wrong to diss nintendo games, but perfectly ok to diss Halo?
Please, the game is way more than graphics or smth. Who cares if it's overhyped, but with the amount of people hooked on that I don't think it makes a lousy game... :whistle:

P.S. Tulac has a point there (I'm not flaming, just repeating the fact)... Just look at the nintendo characters... LOL
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 21-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #35
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's why M$ got Perfect Dark Zero?? LOL (Perfect Dark was N64 exclusive title)

Market at the beggining was slow, as parents mostly purchased consoles for kids. Today those kids are much older and have more money to spend on consoles.

Also having 3 major console players is different then having only tow in beggining. But still, PS - PS2 and PS3 spread over a decade.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 21-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #36
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by troop18546@Mar 21 2006, 07:14 PM
Please, the game is way more than graphics or smth. Who cares if it's overhyped, but with the amount of people hooked on that I don't think it makes a lousy game... :whistle:

P.S. Tulac has a point there (I'm not flaming, just repeating the fact)... Just look at the nintendo characters... LOL
You get me wrong here, I wasn't dissing Halo LOL

Halo 1 and 2 are two really great games.

The whole M$-typical thing about it, is the ending of Halo 2.
It's like they made Halo 2, then had the idea for the Xbox 360 and cut Halo 2 in half. The other half is then released for XBox 360, so they can make sure every Halo-Fan who wants to see the story finished gets the 360.

That's what I meant.

Oh, and I have a argument about the SSBM pic. You've seen Mr. Game and Watch at the upper right? I bet no kid younger than 12 does even know what a Game and Watch is
Oh, before I get dissed again: Of course back then Game and Watch was made for the kids. But I guess the kids of yesterday are still playing their favourite Nintendo game today.

Does playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES make any of you a small child?
Old 22-03-2006, 07:34 AM   #37
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@Mar 21 2006, 09:21 PM
Does playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES make any of you a small child?
Very intelligent argument.
Like I said I still have a NES and I still use it.

But another thing is that yesterdays' kids know games that are simple but enjoyable for hours, even days. Todays games are all about fancy graphics but when you play through the whole game once it's no fun anymore. They stopped programming games you can play over and over again four, five years ago.
The only exeption personally I think there is would be ProEvolutionSoccer.

Probably it's a thing of personal taste.
What do the others think?
Old 22-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #38
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've got a PSP and I'm loving it, but there's just that extra level of enjoyability missing that you can only get with Nintendo.

Tony Hawk games have great replayability.

And the best soccer game ever is Fever Pitch Soccer on the Mega Drive 2.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 22-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #39
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy+Mar 21 2006, 10:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Don Andy @ Mar 21 2006, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-troop18546@Mar 21 2006, 07:14 PM

You get me wrong here, I wasn't dissing Halo LOL

Halo 1 and 2 are two really great games.

The whole M$-typical thing about it, is the ending of Halo 2.
It's like they made Halo 2, then had the idea for the Xbox 360 and cut Halo 2 in half. The other half is then released for XBox 360, so they can make sure every Halo-Fan who wants to see the story finished gets the 360.

That's what I meant.

Oh, and I have a argument about the SSBM pic. You've seen Mr. Game and Watch at the upper right? I bet no kid younger than 12 does even know what a Game and Watch is
Oh, before I get dissed again: Of course back then Game and Watch was made for the kids. But I guess the kids of yesterday are still playing their favourite Nintendo game today.

Does playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES make any of you a small child? [/b][/quote]
Oh, that's the point of Halo2? Heh, I never thought about that (mainly cause I only played it a few times at a friend). I'll just tell him about this, he has no idea about this too...

Answering to your question:
"Does playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES make any of you a small child?"

No. Mainly cause I played it only when I was little and it wouldn't make me a child if I played it now - it's just a simple game, a classic to be exact. Tetris could be called for mentally disabled, but everyone enjoys this - it's FUN. :whistle:

I actually have played more childish games than Mario (not long ago, last year - "Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday" for SNES.) It's the WB character which I liked all of my life, funny and well has a neat voice. I aced it, but it is really in my book's content for FUN. I mean, compare it to the other stuff I play on PC.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 22-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #40
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by troop18546@Mar 22 2006, 07:14 PM
Answering to your question:
"Does playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES make any of you a small child?"

No. Mainly cause I played it only when I was little and it wouldn't make me a child if I played it now - it's just a simple game, a classic to be exact. Tetris could be called for mentally disabled, but everyone enjoys this - it's FUN. :whistle:

I actually have played more childish games than Mario (not long ago, last year - "Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday" for SNES.) It's the WB character which I liked all of my life, funny and well has a neat voice. I aced it, but it is really in my book's content for FUN. I mean, compare it to the other stuff I play on PC.
That's what I was aiming at.

Nintendo games aren't childish, although they seem so. They're just fun. Sadly, in todays "gamer-soceity" fun is declared by the amount of blood and in how many different ways you can kill your enemie. Simple fun gameplay is rare nowadays.

I know, the "gamer-soceity" I described above is very generalized here. Of course there's much more than just the two categories "blood" and "fun". But you get the idea.