Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
bobson
Game is over

Default Jurassic War

Feel free to submit your comments about the game. You can also ask for help here. If you have anything to say about Jurrasic War - feel free to do it right here

Review and download (if available)
Old 30-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Lp57

Downloaded but when I go to unzip it fails. 'unknown format or damaged.'
Lp57 is offline                         Send a private message to Lp57
Old 30-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
dosraider
Dismembered.

Just downloaded the game, no problems whatsoever.

Try with http://www.7-zip.org/
[Edit]
If it still gives an error -> redownload, but delete the downloaded file and clear your browser cache first.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 30-08-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: grmpfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 31-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Oskatat
Game freak

dont forget to mount the game directory as cdrom as well...

Otherwise the game seems fun enough, with the sole problem that you either seem to need a huge army, or spend a lot of time trainging your goons before attacking anyone. that may just be my impression

as mentioned, the most annoying thing may be combat, where your soldiers will simply hang around looking at the scenery while their comrades get slaughtered. You need to constantly give new orders (use ctrl num keys to create battle groups) and the AI, however bad, controlls each unit at the same time

otherwise, i'm really enjoying the challenge of mastering this rather weird game
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 31-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
dont forget to mount the game directory as cdrom as well...
The batch file is there to get around this little issue.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
Oskatat
Game freak

figured something out. VP help a unit to react to danger. Especially archers attack enemies even when not attacked if themself. Also, units support oneanother, so a fight spreads like a wave as long as there is a direct path to the attacked unit
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

VP also affects the archers' range. If you like playing Radumba as I do, you'll want to focus on your units' VP and OP, then the other stats.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Oskatat
Game freak

is there a way to say like "i want 15% HP, 25% OP, 10%DP and 50% VP"?

ordinairy point things try to level to equal level, which means your unit without VP is going to gain em really, really fast, untill it reaches level with the other highlighted trainings
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

On the bottom of the side panel, there are buttons to enable/disable XP allocation to those statistics.

Unfortunately, there is no more precise allocation method.

-- Reed Richards
Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
Oskatat
Game freak

archers need OP and VP, fighter OP, HP and DP, more HP and DP than others, i'm not sure about mages, i think OP still affects their strength, MP what spells and how often they cast it, and VP again range

i got to scenario 8 now, and, contrary to my previous statement, i found that a small band of well trained men works. Now I'm talking about men with blue bars. I play the radumba too atm, but i found that it pays to even the training after gaining points in the most desired fashion fast

even an archer will be attacked, and if your OP and VP are high, your other points will soon follow

since resources are often unlimited, feel free to equip your archers also with melee weapons. if they do get in melee, a shield, even a wooden one, is amazingly effective at keeping your goons alive, even if it means you have to change it manually

an observation i made, and i wonder if it is correct: the AI tends to be single minded in purpose. If you take, severely threathen an enemy position (some buildings) it will redirect all units and resources to defend em... even those hunting. In the end, the ai runs out of food. So, find a defensive position in enemy lands and wait till he doesnt have more units? - this is also because he sends his strongest units to fight you. The firts counterattack will be a bitch. Dont feel bad if you lose some strong units too. The result is that his new hunter units get swarmed and killed by the prey