Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

As you probably guessed I'm a great adventure game fan, and I saw you have many adventures, but the oldest one from Lucas Arts was LOOM. It says in the review it's the one that started the Landslide of great Lucasarts adventures, but I don't really think so. Their first real adventure was Maniac Mansion (1987) - all who played Edd's computer in the Day of the Tentakle know what I'm talking about, then came my favorite Zak McCraken and the Alien Mindbenders (1988) - which has an unoffitial sequel by some LucasFans, next was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) - the first to have fight scenes, and !a soundblaster sound! insted of the old PC speaker.
Only then Loom (1990) happened, which was actually an experiment, that looked and sounded good, but it was not mainstream (still isn't and that's what makes it even better). So LucasArts returned to their traditional way of game-making and created The Secret of Monkey Island (1990).
All of the above are a part of their offical Classic Archives (which came out 1992).
Also 1992 was the year they published Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revange (their last non-talkie game), and their first talkie [color=orange]Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
O.K., that's enough history I guess, 'cos then followed Day of the Tentackle, Sam'n'Max (where they abandoned the classical interfaze), The Dig, Full Throttle, and in the end Grim Fandango (their first #d game). I guess you know the rest!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 02-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Also I think Loom is a really great game. I love playing it. I never take much notice of the reviews anyway.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 10-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
Mrop

Curse Lucasarts! We wont get Full Throttle 2 and Sam n Max 2
Mrop is offline                         Send a private message to Mrop
Old 10-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Nice colours Sebastianos :bleh:
Old 10-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

There's always hope that TellTale games with it's former Lucasarts employees end up getting the Sam and Max license and bringing back Sam and Max 2, that's my hope.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Actually, Bad Brain Entertainment (the publishers of A Vampyre Story, an new adventure game by ex-Lucasarts employees set to come in spring 2006 starring a lady vampire and a wise-cracking vampire bat) are in negotiations with LucasArts to buy the rights to Sam and Max when LucasArts rights expires in may of this year. Afterwards they will negotiate rights for Sam and Max from Steve Purcell. k:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 10-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #7
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Now, that's good news. I know Lucasarts was supposed to do a successor to Sam and Max Hit the Road, but it fell through, much to the disgust of the comics' originator and the people who wanted to do the project. It appears (to me, at least) as though Lucasarts is trying to narrow its approach and focus to only games that sell the best, as opposed to games that simply sell well.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin