Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #91
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

You mostly don't spend $$, rather than bartering other equip you have for 'em.
EDIT: I mostly did this(right after you get Highwayman): You pick up all the guns you come across, store them in trunk, then barter them for other guns you like. I always barter my items for all the cash the NPC has, since it's nice to have atleast 10k$ cash (for hardened power amor) + by the time you get in San Francisco, if you don't have high barter, you will get very high prices for the high tech weaps/armors, you probably won't be able to carry that much stuff from your trunk to compensate the cost only qith stuff, but you will need to use your $$ to buy it. (then you can just barter the money back with another stuff)

Last edited by wardencz; 17-01-2011 at 05:06 AM.
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 17-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #92
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardencz View Post
You mostly don't spend $$, rather than bartering other equip you have for 'em.
EDIT: I mostly did this(right after you get Highwayman): You pick up all the guns you come across, store them in trunk, then barter them for other guns you like. I always barter my items for all the cash the NPC has, since it's nice to have atleast 10k$ cash (for hardened power amor) + by the time you get in San Francisco, if you don't have high barter, you will get very high prices for the high tech weaps/armors, you probably won't be able to carry that much stuff from your trunk to compensate the cost only qith stuff, but you will need to use your $$ to buy it. (then you can just barter the money back with another stuff)

Thanks all of YOU, mates.

I will follow yr kind directions and report back soon.

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 17-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #93
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
Yea, that works.

But I prefer to spend those 1000$ on guns...
You'll be the first person solving this game with violence only. I'm curious.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #94
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Thats not what he is saying twillight, he is simply saying rather then giving the $1000 to Metsger he would rather buy some guns and kill him. Just because working for him then killing him gives better XP doesn't mean that everyone does it that way. Some people like the whole Role Playing part and don't work for a slaver.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #95
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Thats not what he is saying twillight, he is simply saying rather then giving the $1000 to Metsger he would rather buy some guns and kill him. Just because working for him then killing him gives better XP doesn't mean that everyone does it that way. Some people like the whole Role Playing part and don't work for a slaver.
You don't work by freeing Vic for a slaver - you work for yourself, for Vic, for Arroyo, for a better future.
Working for Metzger is another quest (what gives the Slayer tatoo).

There are two ways of freeing Vic: the violent way, and the nonviolent way. And yoga from the very beggining worries about guns in a game where conversation is the primary aspect. He behaves like he'd be in an Ultima game, and I decided not criticising that anyomre, just watching how he'll progress - because that's the way he roleplays.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #96
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You didn't qoute Yoga...you qouted someone else and their comments about how they play the game. And Fallout is just as much about gun fights as it is about talking. And of course Yoga is going to want to know about guns...they are how you protect yourself, and how you solve the many combat quests in this game.

The person you were qouting was talking about freeing Vic by saving his money and killing Metsger rather then making a deal with a Slaver, something which a lot of people would think twice about doing. And he nor Yoga won't be the first person to solve this game with violence only. I know I have done it in the past.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #97
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
You didn't qoute Yoga...you qouted someone else and their comments about how they play the game. And Fallout is just as much about gun fights as it is about talking. And of course Yoga is going to want to know about guns...they are how you protect yourself, and how you solve the many combat quests in this game.

The person you were qouting was talking about freeing Vic by saving his money and killing Metsger rather then making a deal with a Slaver, something which a lot of people would think twice about doing. And he nor Yoga won't be the first person to solve this game with violence only. I know I have done it in the past.
You want me to quote yoga? (besides: I didn't quoted anyone) I§ll quote yoga:
"Yea, that works (the nonviolent solution). But I prefer to spend those 1000$ on guns..."
"only 700 exp.points to level 5. But all geckos are dead. Who to kill to reach 10 000 exp. and level 5?"
"In UW2 I was free to do any action and game is triggered after specific one(s)." (Scatty refered "UW2" as "Ultima Underworld", so I think they are the same series, or at least same kind of game)
"Have I all the game fighting again some ants, scorpions, rats, bats or like or I will meet really human opponents?"
etc.

So yoga DO thinks this is some Diablo-like game with dungeon-crawling, and occasional equipment-retrieving. And if he still thinks it is after a week, I won't stand in his way.

Is it morally questionable freeing Vic with paying? Of course it is. But killing is the same way rejectable idea. Fallout is about morally questionable decisions. It is said to see for me, murder being lesser evil then paying a small sum. (And wasn't the whole situation abut Vic being in debt towards Metzger?)
Old 17-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #98
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

What the hell are you on about...I really think you need to think a bit more before you post.

"Yea, that works (the nonviolent solution). But I prefer to spend those 1000$ on guns..." Was posted by Sarin, the rest are Yoga asking questions valid to this game and his early experiences of it. Go back and look at your post about this, you quote Sarin then go on to suggest he will be the first person to solve this game with only violence.

Yoga just finished Ultima Underworld 2 and during that he was attracted to Fallout 2 due to post from people helping him in that game. Of course he is going to ask if this game is similar to UW2 people had already suggested it was. UW2 is hardly some Diablo clone in anyway. You are making assumptions about what Yoga thinks, I happen to know that Yoga is a great gamer and will no doubt figure out the best way for him to play this game soon enough...he always has before.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #99
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

"Yea, that works (the nonviolent solution). But I prefer to spend those 1000$ on guns..." Was posted by Sarin,
Hoops, my mistake. Happens in every thousand years only though.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #100
Sarin
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Hoops, my mistake. Happens in every thousand years only though.
*poke*
Happened twice in this topic already, F2 is possible, and has been already, solved with violence only.
/*poke

F2 is a lot about roleplaying I think, almost every quest ingame got multiple solutions, and it's about how you feel is right to solve it. For me, it is morally more acceptable to kill the slavers instead of supporting their business by buying someone.
Sarin is offline                         Send a private message to Sarin