Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #61
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
why everyone's character on the screenshots have such low charisma? you won't be able to do so many things and have no companions
For the first time - when you don't use some advanced walkthrough - you won't care for charisma (you'll shoot your way through instead), and more then 3 partymember is overdoing it (they tend to get in the way sometimes).
Anyway, charisma can be buffed too with eg. Sun Glasses.
Of course if you go for the advanced amror-implants you can have problems...

Charisma is mainly important to find extra content, like making a child in New Reno, being Captain of the Guards etc. I don't see it as primary importance.
twillight is online now                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 11-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #62
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

I choose 2 charisma for my character since I wanted to play my game iron man style. If you don't reload at companion death you will loose them sooner or later since they are too heroic to run away immediately when facing too powerful random encounters.
So 2 CH which allows one companion at a time was enough (there aren't really important charisma checks in the game), I could have taken "magnetic personality" for a second companion, but since they die too fast stats and perks which improved my own character were more important. Taking 4 points from away other stats would have hurt.

I've played the game before with a 5 strength character before restarting (I wasn't happy with my stats, the mistakes I made when getting into the game and encountered the ghost farm bug) and the low carrying capacity annoyed me, so I wanted to have at least 6 strength.

6+ perception was required for taking "better criticals" at level 9 and "bonus rate of fire" at level 15, 8 for sniper at level 24. Starting with 6 PE and 8 EN or 7 PE and 7 LK might have yielded a more powerful character in the end, but needing less skill points for ranged weapon types also had its benefits.

The extra hitpoints you get for having 6 instead of 4 endurance do really make a difference when struggling for survival and the double regeneration rate is nice too.

Hight int was needed to partially even out the drawbacks of the gifted traits. 6 is enough for important dialogues and perks, but with only 12 skill points per level it takes an eternity to raise a skill up when you realize that you want it.

Agilty is the most important stat because of the action points.

6 luck was needed for taking "better criticals" at level 9.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #63
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

@twilight: Be careful with your posts, you're spoiling far too much.
Please reread your posts and remove or hide unnecessary spoilers.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #64
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I think all of you will find you are have large spoilers in your posts. Just try and watch what you are saying, or move your post over to the "other" thread.

If someone asks you a question about your suggestions and the only way to answer it is with a spoiler from the game then answer it in the other thread.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 12-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #65
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
For the first time - when you don't use some advanced walkthrough - you won't care for charisma (you'll shoot your way through instead), and more then 3 partymember is overdoing it (they tend to get in the way sometimes).
Anyway, charisma can be buffed too with eg. Sun Glasses.
Of course if you go for the advanced amror-implants you can have problems...

Charisma is mainly important to find extra content, like making a child in New Reno, being Captain of the Guards etc. I don't see it as primary importance.
that's the worst post i read in this thread so far

i believe yoga, like everyone else normal out there, would like to have companions and interactions among the characters along the game. without them the fallout wouldn't be so colorful
Old 13-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #66
Sarin
Forum hobbit

Actually, for most things, speech skill is more important than charisma. I do have CH 3 (4 now after brotherhood enhancement) and still get most of the non-violent options and other stuff. I just tagged speech at the beginning and buffed it up quickly.
Sarin is offline                         Send a private message to Sarin
Old 13-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #67
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
that's the worst post i read in this thread so far

i believe yoga, like everyone else normal out there, would like to have companions and interactions among the characters along the game. without them the fallout wouldn't be so colorful
On my opinions about party-NPCs in the other topic where I tell why I'd be glad with 3 partymembers.

Also as I said, conversations are many times not at all obvious, so using speech-solutions many times require a walkthrough (bmo).
twillight is online now                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 13-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #68
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking ..and Yoga appeared, but groggy..

Hi, mates,

Yes, the game is so nice, that yoga played 2 times x 36 hours and still I am
like boxer after 25 rounds. (Groggy)
This is true, no kidding.

Pls do not accuse me I am stupid novice and eventual (sure) fails are possible.
Just remember your first steps in this very nice game.

@Kmonster - I am sure You (and Master Scatty) will help in bad situations.

Again pls do not pull out the tomahawks and step on the war track.
We are one TEAM. And remember that this is ......just a game.

Well,
Q: I have companion -Sulik, but he is badly wounded.
I presented him a stimpack, but I dunno how to help him to restore.
He was 9/89 only. We slept in room and he increases to 21/89.
What to do now? He is real camarad and help me much.
(We attacked some golden geckos and covering me he was hit hard.)

Q2: Pls tell me if I do some action before another this will be fatal or not?
Example: In UW2 I was free to do any action and game is triggered after specific one(s). Is the same principle here?
Hope You understand me?

Q3: If I drop down some stuff and after while back to the stuff: the stuff vanished or not?

Some details from last minute:

- AP - 10 - Will these points increased or not?
- AC - 25 - I buy nice Leather jacket
- HP - 40
Level 4 - only 700 exp.points to level 5. But all geckos are dead. Who to kill to reach 10 000 exp. and level 5?
I am in Den now..

I have Magnum pistola and Pole rifle. Is this rifle good weapon?
Or to buy Hunter rifle?

Soon more detailed report will be presented.

@Master Scatty -- I approaching yr photos of skeleton, which surfed too much..

Exhausted yoga
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 13-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #69
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

You don't have to kill something to get experience, in Den, there are several quests,
SPOILER

Last edited by wardencz; 14-01-2011 at 10:48 AM.
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 13-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #70
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

A1: You can use healing stuff on NPCs. Just put the stimpaks or fruits or other healing chems into one of your character's quick weapon slots and aim them at the NPCs just like you shoot at someone.
A cheaper way for healing NPCs is having your character use his "first aid" or "doctor" skills on them.
You can also tell him to use his healing skill on himself, but this won't grant any XP and still reduces the "first aid" attempts you can use this day.
I only gave super stimpaks to my party members, normal stimpaks are too expensive and heal too little for the action points they need to spend in combat for using them.
A2: Not sure what you're asking. But it's quite hard to mess up FO2. Consider reloading when you accidentally made a whole town attacking you, but you can kill and loot whole cities and still finish the game. In my playthrough I messed up two locations and had to kill everyone there.
A3: Items lying on the ground or dead bodies will vanish. Put your items onto shelves or other containers.
A4: Action points can be increased a little with perks or drugs (bad).
For armor the damage reduction is more important than the bonus to armor class.
Which weapon is the best for you depends on your playing style. Look at range, speed, weight, strength requirements and damage dealt and don't forget to look at the modifiers the available ammo has.