Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
Charley W

Several threads have mentioned something referred to as the "ESA Incident" without explanation of what this is/was or any clarification; everyone is apparently supposed to know about it. Could someone explain this to us newcomers or at least point to a link which does give an explanation?

[Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but since it's used to answer a lot of requests, I thought this would be the best place.]
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 14-06-2006, 12:47 AM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Have you searched the fora before starting this thread? I once heard that ESA had been granting permission to Abandonia to host some of its games for free download, but every download had to ask for and get a separate permission. Then some ESA games started to be added here without permission -I don't know who was responsible- and ESA consequently cut the deal. Since the deal was a courtesy of ESA and it has no interest whatsoever in it, I guess it's difficult to convince them back. However since I heard about it I've wondered if an extremelly polite letter showing regret and begging for comprehension could soften ESA's corporate heart.

This forum is about requesting games, not answers in general, but never mind, it was an innocent mistake. I guess it might be moved to blahx3 or even Site Comments/Suggestions.
Old 14-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

To be exact, some games were added that nobody knew were under ESA protection.
Also, ESA is only a legal front for a number of game publishers. The higher-ups are contacting the individual publishers for permissions now, but this takes a lot of time.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

May God bless and speed the higher-ups.