Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
DarkPonzu
Lurker

Default Lonely Gamer - Requesting Friends

Hello, I'm a long time PC gaming enthusiast. My favorite genres are strategies and rpgs. I am currently looking for fellow gamers to add to Skype, Steam or some other chat program. I hope to make new friends with which to play games, and enjoy my upcoming Christmas vacation. (College student in my late 20's, I should have gotten a real job by now but that's another story.)

I used to have online friends, but we lost touch over time and playing single player games is starting to get old. Regrettably, I don't have any IRL friends possibly due to social anxiety and a very introverted personality. For a long while, the internet has been my only social outlet.

My chronic boredom and almost total social isolation has been quite a strain on my patience/sanity. I'm trying to break out of this waking nightmare and that's why I need your help.

I'm a good team player, I can hold my own in FPS's, and I've got a lot of MMO and clan experience. The only problem is I'm on a budget, so subscription based games are kind of out for me. And I have a so-so computer for running games, so nothing too high system req wise. I can handle Skyrim, but just barely, to give you an idea of what I can run.

I know this is a weird way to introduce myself, but I thought I'd take a chance and see what happens. If you need a player, team member, etc., I'm up for anything, just let me know what you play and I'll see if we can work something out, thanks.

One more thing, it helps if you're in the EST zone, or somewhere near it.
DarkPonzu is offline                         Send a private message to DarkPonzu