Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #11
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 15 2005, 06:31 PM
No, don't shut up. Every comment (and yours is right on target) is welcome... that reminds me - WELCOME!!! :Brain: :Brain: :Brain:

@Luchsen:
Old 15-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #12
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

haven't we gone through all this before?

We will close the thread when we think it's either pointless or spammy.
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 15-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #13
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I did not discuss this and even if I've found topic, why to post when you will close it because I might bump old topic and in your opinion it is pointless…

SO you close it without contacting person and based on your personal judgment, comfort, temperature.... :blink:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have nothing against topics being closed for a good reason, but something you might categorize 'pointless' and it might not be so pointless in reality.

Hope you see my point.

Also, why people have to be scared or under presure to post on the forum, and hope some upset admin will not see their post as spam? (I’m not referring to anyone particular, but admins are people and they might be also upset, sad, horny... ok we will not go in to details.... LOL )
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 15-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #14
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

horny?

"Oh yeah, you've been a bad thread haven't you? You want me to close you, don't you? I'm afraid you'll have to do more than that to persuade me. ... Ooooh yeah, that's it. I'm gonna come over there and close you, yes I am..."
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 15-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #15
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Bumping is a separate problem, as seba said.I for one have nothing against someone bumping even a year old topic, IF he has something really worth our while.So for example if i were to say, on february 2004, that Doom 4 is coming out, and then, in march 2005 someone says yeah great news, i liked the first two, then this is obvious ground for topic closure and even warn.However if he has relevant news about the subject, i have nothing against it k:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 15-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #16
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis@Apr 15 2005, 05:01 PM
SO you close it without contacting person and based on your personal judgment, comfort, temperature.... :blink:
That's right.

Quote:
Also, why people have to be scared or under presure* to post on the forum, and hope some upset admin will not see their post as spam? (I’m not referring to anyone particular, but admins are people and they might be also upset, sad, horny... ok we will not go in to details.... LOL )
I'm not sure what you mean with pressure to post?
I don't think anyone is scared of us and you shouldn't be if you are.

All posts that have been closed in the past have been closed for a reason, there might have been cases in the past that closing the thread would've been unnecessary but overall I think the mods/admins have done a really good job of judgement.
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 15-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #17
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And then, like today, one admin closes the topic, while other reply.... For that they might use admin-sub forum...

Thanks for explanation on how it works...

As for pressure to post, just wait a little bit more... I'm not saying that people will not post, but you'll lose some of regular members because of some bad judgments...

@BeefontheBone - they have their needs too. What if they aren't happy? Should we create another donation page to make sure no admin is frustrated? LOL

This is of course just a joke, just before one of those unhappy complains. LOL LOL LOL
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 15-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #18
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I've had a few of my own threads closed, and it really doesn't bother me.

If people would just stop spamming topics to death, I think it would be better. I'd rather have one of my topics be closed than have to read through 10 posts of spam for every informative post in the thread.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 15-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #19
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Anubis, you can't expect us to discuss every closure of a thread.
In general closing a thread needs quick judgement and isn't something we need to debate hours/days about.

I only see 1 closed topic today about home of the underdogs where Data closed it and the picard added some extra info to it: I can't see anything wrong with that.

We won't force anyone to stay if they don't like it here.

You're constantly talking about bad judgements but what are those? Send me or the admin/mod in question a PM (<- no talking in public about mod/admin actions, remember) what exactly those bad judgements are and I'll take care of it from there.
Old 15-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #20
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Apr 15 2005, 07:25 PM
So for example if i were to say, on february 2004, that Doom 4 is coming out, and then, in march 2005 someone says yeah great news, i liked the first two, then this is obvious ground for topic closure and even warn.
Why closing? The topic can't do anything against someone posting a dumb bumping post - poor topic...