Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #11
werdegast

I have received permission from Museum of Computer Adventure Game History (mocagh.org) to post the files for Star Trek: The Kobayashi Alternative and The Promethean Prophecy.

Still waiting on Star Trek: The Rebel Universe permission.

Quote:
Hi,

Yes that is fine, you may use any pictures or PDFs from the museum for any non-profit purpose you like, as long as you reference the source (mocagh.org). Thanks for asking first though.

On 2014-02-10 6:30 PM, Iliff Werdegast wrote:
> Hi
> I would like permission to post the scans of Star Trek: The Kobayashi
> Alternative and The Promethean Prophecy to abandonia.com. They would give
> credit and probably a link back to mocagh.org
> Either way thanks for the site and hard work.
> Werdegast

--
----------------------------------------------
Howard Feldman, Author of The Search for Freedom
A Computer Fantasy Role-Playing Game
Visit its Homepage at http://home.golden.net/~feldman/SearchForFreedom/
Visit the Museum of Computer Adventure Game History at http://mocagh.org/
werdegast is offline                         Send a private message to werdegast
Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #12
werdegast

Today permission to repost Star Trek: The Rebel Universe scans arrived.

Credit goes to c64sets.com and Marcin 'Atreus' Jaworski, FanCA Group

Quote:
Hi Werdegast,

Yes - go for it. Credit and a link would be nice - in fact credit should probably go to the guy who sent the scans to me in the first place. His name is at the bottom of the page on my site.

Anyway, thanks for asking, and I hope they come in useful!

-Rusty

On 02/10/2014 04:25 PM, Iliff Werdegast wrote:
> Hi
> I would like permission to post the manual and box scans of Star Trek The Rebel Universe at abandonia.com. They would give credit and probably a link back to c64sets.com
> Thanks for the great site and all the hard work.
>
> Werdegast
werdegast is offline                         Send a private message to werdegast
Old 12-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #13
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Alternatively, we could try contact that guy directly, so he can provide the material himself, maybe even in better quality, but I leave that to you if you have time. For now we will stick with credit.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #14
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

A few more things: I see that most of extras are non-PC related. We cannot accept those. We could accept walkthrough if it applies for PC version (which probably does), but we don't host floppy images of Apple and C64 floppies. Simply, we focus on PC material.

I see you named extras by the computer type, so I have to take only PC ones. I guess same applies even to manuals and similar.

Also, please re-upload "Box Back PC" for The Rebel Universe, it was corrupted so I deleted it.

Speaking of which, I couldn't find rebel universe on mocagh, and also couldn't find a person for credit. But I see you provided the info in those .txt files. Just recheck that the same person uploaded both C64 and PC stuff. If not, we'll just have to credit mocagh.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
werdegast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
A few more things: I see that most of extras are non-PC related. We cannot accept those. We could accept walkthrough if it applies for PC version (which probably does), but we don't host floppy images of Apple and C64 floppies. Simply, we focus on PC material.

I see you named extras by the computer type, so I have to take only PC ones. I guess same applies even to manuals and similar.

Also, please re-upload "Box Back PC" for The Rebel Universe, it was corrupted so I deleted it.

Speaking of which, I couldn't find rebel universe on mocagh, and also couldn't find a person for credit. But I see you provided the info in those .txt files. Just recheck that the same person uploaded both C64 and PC stuff. If not, we'll just have to credit mocagh.
The Rebel Universe manual is from c64sets.com - "Scans courtesy of Marcin 'Atreus' Jaworski, FanCA Group"

The manuals are the same between C64 and Atari ST so more than likely the PC manual is as well.

I am not sure where the PC box scans are from. They have been in my ST:TRU documents folder for some time. There is a similar box front at http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...Rebel_Universe

Use what you want and delete everything else.
Old 13-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #16
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh, and if you have this urge to write couple of paragraphs about First Contact, then it is my advice not to let it burn inside you but let it out
Old 18-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #17
werdegast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Oh, and if you have this urge to write couple of paragraphs about First Contact, then it is my advice not to let it burn inside you but let it out
A member of trekbbs.com pointed me to a scan of the manual for ST: First Contact. It has been uploaded to my folder.

If I get a chance to play the game I will come up with a review for the site.