Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #61
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tervez @ Nov 7 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]265703[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
"You're suggesting me to use scrolls that I found on a man that dropped out of the sky, was mashed into thousand little bits by the impact, found out that the scrolls were responsible for his dead, and you suggest me to try them?"
[/b]
What's the IQ of your character? Is it low enough for him to try? LOL

I found that practicing sneaking is ridiculously easy if you're invisible. For some reason, going into sneak mode while being invisible, counts as practicing, and since they will never see you, you'll top that skill in no time.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #62
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

To learn sneak, I did something I've never done, before: I got significantly far behind a merchant in his store, hit the sneak key, and held it down with a paperweight. Then, I went upstairs to make dinner and handle a variety of tasks.

I came back 2 hours later, and had gained 40 ranks. Not my ideal way of having fun in a game, but they never come up with a useful substitute for gaining sneak ranks in Morrowind, sadly.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 07-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #63
Tito
Alley Cat

Daggerfall is one of my all time favourites. It is the game in which I have spent more hours by difference. I remember having two characters, one of them a redguard knight about level 25 or so (and leveling in DF is not as easy as in Morrowind), a house in Charton, hundreds of millions in the bank, lotso of artifacts and several sets of different weapons and armor. I still have the savegames somewhere, if anyone is interested.

I also love MW. Even knowing that it is quite easy to beat and master, I still like the exploration a lot. I'm currently playing Bloodmoon, after finishing the main quest and Tribunal. In that game some kind of weird bug happened to me. I don't know why, but with my current character I am unable to get to the highest rank in the mages guild. I think there was some problem with a chain of events or something like that, as the master of the gild challenged me to a duel before he should. I killed him and then when I talked to other members about promotion they kept telling me that I should challenge the master. Quite a pity.

And now a question. Do you know if there is some kind of restriction about entering the thieves guild? Because I fulfill the needed requisites for skills, but still I am forbidden.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #64
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Nov 8 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]265797[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Daggerfall is one of my all time favourites. It is the game in which I have spent more hours by difference. I remember having two characters, one of them a redguard knight about level 25 or so (and leveling in DF is not as easy as in Morrowind), a house in Charton, hundreds of millions in the bank, lotso of artifacts and several sets of different weapons and armor. I still have the savegames somewhere, if anyone is interested.

I also love MW. Even knowing that it is quite easy to beat and master, I still like the exploration a lot. I'm currently playing Bloodmoon, after finishing the main quest and Tribunal. In that game some kind of weird bug happened to me. I don't know why, but with my current character I am unable to get to the highest rank in the mages guild. I think there was some problem with a chain of events or something like that, as the master of the gild challenged me to a duel before he should. I killed him and then when I talked to other members about promotion they kept telling me that I should challenge the master. Quite a pity.

And now a question. Do you know if there is some kind of restriction about entering the thieves guild? Because I fulfill the needed requisites for skills, but still I am forbidden.
[/b]
DF: I found the difficulty on leveling totally a matter of class. As a mage, you'll level up in no time, as a fighter it takes a bit longer, but I had problems leveling up as a thief. It took ages.

Thieves Guild: Have you crossed paths with them before with this character? I really don't know, but it could be that you did something to upset them. Do they say anything informative when you try to join? Anything at all?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #65
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Nov 8 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]265797[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Well if you havenj't been killing them in one of fighter's guild quest they should allow you to join. have you tried raising disposition with the guy that accepts you in?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #66
Tito
Alley Cat

Well, I think you are rigth Gregor, there was a mission from the fighters guild in Balmora that involved killing several thieves near a mine. That must be the reason. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #67
Tervez
Never Compromise

Well, a bit late, but the tomb is south of Seyda Neen, below a big rock formation, and has a road near it.

Quote:
What's the IQ of your character? Is it low enough for him to try? LOL [/b]
I think it was around 60, so I'd say he's smart enough

Danby's journal, second entry.

After finishing my business in Seyda Neen, I headed south in hoping to find somekind of tomb the locals were talking about. They said that they would probably be full of ghosts and all, but hey, they can't be that tough right?

(few hours of travelling)

I did find a tomb, but most of it is disconnected by a large gap. I tried jumping over it, but it proved fruitless. I checked the other parts slaying a zombie, but unfortunately not finding anything else. Oh well.

While I was making notes about the area for another adventurer, I suddenly heard a squeek above me. I looked up in surprise: A cliff racer had found me.

As if it wasn't bad enough, my blade was dulled, and the beast nearly killed me. I got off by casting a chameleon spell and running like hell.

Travelling onward I found a wealthy looking woman. I was ready to rob her, but as soon as I approached her, she said that she had to find some bandit that had stolen his jewels. The thing was, the lady had also fallen in love with that bandit. Oh well. Maybe if I find him, he'll give me some of the jewels.

( Another few hours of travelling)

I found the bandit at Pelagiad. He said that he couldn't believe that she had actually fallen in love with him. He gave me a note and told me to deliver it to her.
Alas, he didn't give me any jewels.

Back at the woman, I gave the note to her, and she said how delighted she was. Still naively hoping for some reward, she just told me that I and some women in Ald Ruhn would make a wonderful couple.
Well, that would depend on how rich that woman was, I thought and bid farewell to the woman.

( Last entry for the day)

I ran across a couple smuggler lairs, but the baddies there are too tough for me. I traveled to Fort Moonmoth, bought some things there, and headed for Balmora. There I joined a the Mages Guild, took everything from their guild chest, and went to sleep.

Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 08-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #68
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

The Maurrie and Nelos quest, two rewards:
1 - The normal bit which I won't spoil.
2 - listening to people talking about the couple just about everywhere you go :P
Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #69
Tito
Alley Cat

By the way, anybody knows if there is a way to run DF correctly under Windows XP? I remember that it was a bit choppy, not to mention the fact that the installation program didn't work properly. This thread awaken so many good memories that I want to try it again.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #70
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Nov 8 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]265968[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
By the way, anybody knows if there is a way to run DF correctly under Windows XP? I remember that it was a bit choppy, not to mention the fact that the installation program didn't work properly. This thread awaken so many good memories that I want to try it again.
[/b]
Here are some suggestions but I lucked out and it worked ok for me.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean