Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
Spoonman
Flyswatter

I'll always remember this game as being so terribly bad it's hilarious. And for that it deserves a high rating
Old 21-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #22
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

First of all, don't use that kind of language.

Also, there was also another guy who reviewed it, punch666

There was also a problem when Seb uploaded Barbarian 2 he put that review for Mastertronic's Barbarian (by punch666)

The main reason for NOT uploading this game is because it really sucks, mostly because of controls. Abandonia was supposed to be site for only good ones, not archive for old games like HOTU.

Now this game is added, there really should be a general discussion about what Abandonia really is. It seems that Kosta is not very active lately.

Kosta wanted Abandonia to be site for good games, where people can drop by and download any game and to be sure that there is something about it. Later on, he didn't want CGA games, just like graphics is the most important part, but that also changed since there are good CGA oldies. But still games like this one was not to be present at Abandonia.

Seb even suggested that, for the games like this one or Commando for exapmle, there could be a new category "Fiasco", like games that were put much into them but turned out to be very very bad. Suggestion was rejected as those games shouldn't be on Abandonia at all.

Now i really think that this needs a debate led by Kosta (after all, this is his site). Some general rules and, i dare to say, Abandonia's style is not really respected, with no offence to those who did this. There are no bad intensions, nobody's fault since Kosta never actually put anywhere public the saying "Only good DOS games" under Abandonia's name, it was just said on forum few times.

I really don't know what to think.

By the way, this game is SURELY not a prequel to Barbarian, as the first Barbarian is much older and it was created by different company.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 21-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #23
GameBringer

Sorry, the prequel line was an assumption on my part. I simply saw Barbarian 2 and figured that "Gee, Barbarian must have come before it." I never played 2 so I didn't know. I should learn by now as I keep getting bit on the "history" junk that I think is just off-the-cuff remoark to fill in a paragraph. I get run out of town on a rail for those remarks! :w00t:

Old 24-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #24
Zup

No update in the review yet?

Old 24-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
guesst
Abandonia Homie

I make it a rule only to make minor changes to someone else's post. And since I'm not sure GameBringer can edit his own, it'll probably just stay the way it is for now.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 24-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #26
GameBringer

I think he is referring to the actual game review, which I told Kosta I am fine with replacing. I just wanted to contribute and I can take honest critisim. If the group feels the review was not a fair representation, and they want to replace it with a better one, I think it will siimply make the site better.

(I'll give myself a "B" for effort, if nothing else! )

Old 24-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #27
GameBringer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GameBringer @ Jul 24 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]244894[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think he is referring to the actual game review, which I told Kosta I am fine with replacing. I just wanted to contribute and I can take honest critisim. If the group feels the review was not a fair representation, and they want to replace it with a better one, I think it will siimply make the site better.

(I'll give myself a "B" for effort, if nothing else! )
[/b]

:wallbash: Oops, I was thinking I was in the FRUA topic. I don't know what I am - or he is - talking about. Don't mind me.... I'm senille... Huh? What was I saying... Hey look... It's Elvis!

Old 25-07-2006, 06:41 AM   #28
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Oh, this was one annoying game because of the crappy controls.
Never got much further than 60%, died time after time a few screens after the dragon, somewhere among the cave people.
This game must have been one of the worst attempts ever to include mouse controls...
Old 25-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #29
TechnoSpike

Hello to all....

I downloaded this game mostly because I remember playing in my Spectrum, many years ago...at that time, I thought the game was good, but hard.... However, it seems that there are differences regarding the Spectrum version....at least I don't remember that version having a dragon...

Can anyone tell me how I can pass/beat the dragon, please?

Old 25-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #30
me_lobo
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TechnoSpike @ Jul 25 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]244985[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello to all....

I downloaded this game mostly because I remember playing in my Spectrum, many years ago...at that time, I thought the game was good, but hard.... However, it seems that there are differences regarding the Spectrum version....at least I don't remember that version having a dragon...

Can anyone tell me how I can pass/beat the dragon, please?
[/b]
When you enter the screen with the dragon shoot immediately then turn around and head back. Repeat this once more and the dragon is out.

Can anyone tell me how I can pass/beat the caveman guarding the ladder exit later? I think there was something with coming up from different directions, or should I jump there?
me_lobo is offline                         Send a private message to me_lobo