Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #21
Lanesville

"Flight of the Amazon Queen" is just perfect! It's as good as a classic LucasArts game, in my opinion.

I remember the first time I played it was the demo (just the hotel part). Then, after years looking for the game, I finally found it. That was a really happy day!
Lanesville is offline                         Send a private message to Lanesville
Old 24-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #22
rgen1814
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Kosta@Nov 3 2004, 04:57 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
FLIGHT OF THE AMAZON QUEEN - DEAD END - HELP

DURING THE END GAME AFTER AQUIRING THE ROCKET PACK:
WALKTHROUGHS SAY TO PICK UP ALCHOHOL AT TRADER BOBS.
WHEN TRYING TO PICK UP THE ALCHOHOL AND ASKING TRADER BOB THE COST, HE REPLIES THAT i DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY.ACCORDING TO ALL THE WALTHROUGHS i HAVE LOOKED AT, TRADER BOB SHOULD ONLY ASK FOR I.D. CARD. I AM STUMPED.
CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS, RGEN1814
Old 06-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #23
Look! A three-headed monkey&

What does this 'queen.exe' file do it juss comes up with some time then it shows Joe and the other person (I forget her name) tied to a rope. Confusing eh? like this random critter.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's called "game intro". :bleh:

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #25
Muad'Dib

I really liked the game, though I have to say that, too much interaction with the objects, like "move" thing caused me to get lost sometimes. I found the safe in the underground base "accidentally"... Though I wasn't so lucky to find the secret passage behind the long gone Prince... So I used the walkthrough. I also used the walkthrough to learn that using the machinery had effects in another room.Though you're not aware of it.Why should I think that lifting up the stone, would lower the stone in the other room? A clue would be nice...Though I think this game deserves a 5. As it didn't dissapoint me.
Muad'Dib is offline                         Send a private message to Muad'Dib
Old 29-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #26
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well isn't the fact that you can move a stone which appearently does nothing a big enough clue?
You just have to get used to a certain way of thinking while playing these games. Most actions you make are quite complex and you won't understand the final resoult of it until much later.
That's why these games actually increase the IQ! It's sometimes illogical, but then again it does wonders for the creative thought. There's a great article about this somewhere on the boards.
I'm glad you liked the game, you should try some other similar stuff! k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #27
Guest_chris

This is a goood game, think lucasarts style but free!! The only problem is that it ends and you have to find another game as good.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #28
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by rgen1814@Apr 24 2005, 07:11 PM
FLIGHT OF THE AMAZON QUEEN - DEAD END - HELP

DURING THE END GAME AFTER AQUIRING THE ROCKET PACK:
WALKTHROUGHS SAY TO PICK UP ALCHOHOL AT TRADER BOBS.
WHEN TRYING TO PICK UP THE ALCHOHOL AND ASKING TRADER BOB THE COST, HE REPLIES THAT i DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY.ACCORDING TO ALL THE WALTHROUGHS i HAVE LOOKED AT, TRADER BOB SHOULD ONLY ASK FOR I.D. CARD. I AM STUMPED.
CAN ANYONE HELP?

THANKS, RGEN1814
Oh, I only just noticed that I actually know the answer to this one: you need to have found the money hidden behind the cushions at Floda. If you forgot to get it before taking the lift down to the secret passage, that's not a problem; you can just go back and pick it up later in the game.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 15-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #29
Kiran

Hey..
I just downloaded this game and i'm using Dosbox to play it, but i can't save the games, i go to the journal option and when i type something, the game closes and i'm back at the dos screen with the error game cannot be saved..and i can't play the game without saving it..so could some one please help me out..
thanks in advance..
Bye..

Old 15-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #30
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Hi Kiran

When you see the journal screen, there should be options down the left side. One of them should be something like 'Make Journal Entry'. Click on that, then you should be able to type in a title for your saved game.

If you're still having problems with DosBox, try playing it through SCUMM.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo