Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #61
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well my tactic is simple and it worked (but not always). That battle is difficoult.
I have low speed (you change the speed of Enterprise with the numbers). When an enemy ship is flaying toward me I speed up and start shooting (so they don't shoot me too much), but when they pass I reverse the speed (I think it's the "0" key). Then I can target the enemy ship while moving away from me and if I go to full speed I can shoot at them, while they are turned away - so they can't fire back!

Ich versuch es auch in Deutsch zu sagen: Mit numern kann Man die beschleudigung verendern (bis 1-9 und Ich glaube 0 is für züruck). Also wenn der Gegner zur mir fliegt gehe Ich serh schnell (so das Er nich auf mich schiest). Dann drucke ich "0" und gehe züruck. Jetz bewegt sich der feind weg von mir und Ich gehe schneler und kann auf ihm feuern - ohne das er züruck auf mich feuert.
Ah - my German is bad...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #62
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It depends. Sometimes you get a starting position such that you can get a fair few torpedo and whatnot shots at E II.

Thats battle is really hard, but doable (dozen times myself)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #63
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I am 100% against removing the ESA games from the site. You can't have the downloads that is fine (well, no, but...) but if I wanted just to download games I would get them in other ways. One of the best features of this site is the reviews, technical info and forums.
And yes, I know that those are not one, but, yes, ok.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 14-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #64
le_dartagnan

HI,

I tried to play this game using Dosbox v063, installation is no problem. However, once I try to play the game, I seem to have a video problem and also there is a problem with my DS 4163B DVD ram.
le_dartagnan is offline                         Send a private message to le_dartagnan
Old 15-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #65
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try messing with Dosbox.conf, it might give you solution. Also remember that good users carefully read their readmes!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #66
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to inotoni Send a message via AIM to inotoni Send a message via MSN to inotoni Send a message via Yahoo to inotoni

Ahh, ST:25thAnn was one of my first CD games. Trekkie like me must loved the story. Graphic a bit blocky though. Dialogue texts' too big. I have the same combat tactic like Sebatianos for every fight. Back then original voice cast was something incredible. I was hoping that the sequel, ST:JR, used better engine, but it didn't n kind disappointing. Just like watching 8 never-before-seen episodes! Great atmosphere.
Old 16-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #67

i got problem, i dont know how on dosbox do key "-" becouse on that 2-3 mission you need input code...

Old 17-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #68
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to inotoni Send a message via AIM to inotoni Send a message via MSN to inotoni Send a message via Yahoo to inotoni

Really? Methink ur physical keyboard layout is different from the keyboard driver intended to be. Try guessing the symbol "-" with other key, because it maybe displaced.
Old 17-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #69
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by inotoni@Oct 15 2005, 05:32 PM
Ahh, ST:25thAnn was one of my first CD games. Trekkie like me must loved the story. Graphic a bit blocky though. Dialogue texts' too big. I have the same combat tactic like Sebatianos for every fight. Back then original voice cast was something incredible. I was hoping that the sequel, ST:JR, used better engine, but it didn't n kind disappointing. Just like watching 8 never-before-seen episodes! Great atmosphere.
Try "A final Unity" if you like this...
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 18-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #70
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Good advice! Already finished STTNG:AFU more than 3X back then. Love the options of changing away team members. The battle's too rigid for my taste. The ending mission 's too straightforward.

They don't make pure adventure Trek games anymore so I guess we have to settle with other story-substance genre like Elite Force or The Fallen.