Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Thug View Post
When I played MOrrowind some strange things happened. LIke Once I sold my armour To a dude and bought better armour from him and He put on the armour I sold to him?

How about in the second town you go to I was talking to this blue dude and he just takes of his clothes and attacks me? And me being on low hp just ran and this dude chased me so far even swam behind me.Wierdness.

Real buggy game and I deleted it when a save game got corrupted and I got Oblivion.
The first thing is quite normal, I once had to kill a trader in Ald'ruhn to get back the magic glove I sold him, and when I delivered that cursed glove back to Khajiit thief that wanted it, she was like: "Ok, you got the glove, good for you.".

Maybe the blue dude was member of some kult like The Sleepers or something.

Morrowind was quite buggy before the final patch(v1.6.1820), but when you install that, the game become super stable and bug-free.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Yeah, but the add-ons are those patches. Fortunately, its hard to buy a new Morrowind that doesnt have add-on discs these days.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 09-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #23
virumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrybKeeper View Post
I can't say much about Oblivion yet, but I like
As I said however, I am not completely familiar with Oblivion yet, but plan to purchase Oblivion this week and see how it fares on my Vista Laptop.
I'd recommend to purchase it along with the expansion "Shivering Isles". Its main quest is much much better than Oblivion, and the environments very similar to Morrowind's in a way.
virumor is offline                         Send a private message to virumor
Old 09-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #24
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfreddie07 View Post
Maxor, sounds like Francesco's Leveled Creatures & Items mod (Fran's)

Mods rock in Oblivion. I've played Oblivion with mods. They make it way better. I hated that "enemies-level-up-with-you" approach, as it really doesn't make you feel like a powerful char.

Mount&Blade has the best combat elements in any RPG, ever. Period. Though it's other elements drew me away from it, and now it's uninstalled in my HD. It's good, but the "staying power" is highly questionable.
It was PlasticFoamMan's Unoffical Rarity patch. Did exactly what I wanted without really changing anything else. I forget why I chose it over Francesco's, but it was one of the first mods I installed and I still use it. Another good one is this vampire mod I have that changed it so when you drank blood, you looked normal before you started going through the ugly vampire phases.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 09-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #25
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The only bad thing I can say about Oblivion is that it has a weak interface, compared to Morrowind. You can clearly see that it was developed for consoles (XBOX?) first and then ported to for the PC. However, it's a good game, and if you consider the budget price, it's worth every single buck.
BTMod... another one of the first mods I installed. Improves the interface a lot. Widens the inventory screens, makes the text smaller so more items fit among other things.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #26
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by virumor View Post
I'd recommend to purchase it along with the expansion "Shivering Isles". Its main quest is much much better than Oblivion, and the environments very similar to Morrowind's in a way.
Rofl ya Oblivions main quest sucked ass I had to do all the work very linear main quest lame story too, GAWD !

Lol the AI in oblivion feels like your chatting to manequin dolls that came to life but what made me lol was the "black" dude that was pickpocting people and the whole town was trying to kill him but he was so fast rofl eventually I helped him and killed everyone and not even a thank you? Humpf
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
virumor

Don't know who the black dude is you're referring to. Lots of weird things happened in the game, but never something like that.

Personally I prefer Gothic 3 over Oblivion. With the latest patch the game's actually playable. Tried also Two Worlds but this game sadly combines the worst of GOthic 3 & Oblivion and throws out the best of both games.
virumor is offline                         Send a private message to virumor
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #28
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by virumor View Post
Don't know who the black dude is you're referring to. Lots of weird things happened in the game, but never something like that.

Personally I prefer Gothic 3 over Oblivion. With the latest patch the game's actually playable. Tried also Two Worlds but this game sadly combines the worst of GOthic 3 & Oblivion and throws out the best of both games.
LOL well it was damn funny it was one of the bigger towns with a few farms.Damn funny.
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #29
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Thug
When I played MOrrowind some strange things happened. LIke Once I sold my armour To a dude and bought better armour from him and He put on the armour I sold to him?
I think it's because NPCs automatically put on the best armor in their inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Thug
How about in the second town you go to I was talking to this blue dude and he just takes of his clothes and attacks me? And me being on low hp just ran and this dude chased me so far even swam behind me.Wierdness.
It's probably a sleeper. They attack you if you piss them off enough.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #30
CrybKeeper
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Thug View Post
I guess I will get morrowind and finish it and A few mods to fix the lvlin thing for obvlivion and replay it as a mage.

When I played Morrowind some strange things happened. LIke Once I sold my armour To a dude and bought better armour from him and He put on the armour I sold to him?

Real buggy game and I deleted it when a save game got corrupted and I got Oblivion.

P.S
ROFLMAO Cryb WTF IS THAT?
One of the drawbacks to Morrowind is, it puts players off in the beginning, because it was too realistic in some elements and so open ended that you felt lost. You were dropped off in a strange land and just left with no real idea where to go, or what you should do. Whatever you did would have good or adverse effects on the NPC's, your reputation, or quests.
All I can say is, what gets said about Morrowind, more than anything else under the sun, "If you stay with it, you will be glad you did." And, it never fails to be the wrong answer. I have played five times thru and still have things to explore and quests I never tackled.

All the armorers in game will wear the best armor you sell them. There is a mod that fixes that, linked at Bethesda forums. The Bloodmoon add on is a real treat all by itself and IMO, just as great as the main game.

That's why I am hoping to try Shivering Isles Virumor, I'll be sure to get the complete package(tomorrow's the day).

Yes I agree Kugerfang, the sleepers will eventually attack you if you talk to them enough and the main quest has progressed enough to trigger their reactions. Try not to kill them and you gain fame for saving them later on. There's a sleeper in almost every town and sometimes more than one. Think of the Sleepers as possessed through dreams and not of their own will. I like zombies, so I hated to hurt the poor devils.

Once you really get into Morrowind Wolf Thug, you get an option to build a fortress of your own and fill it with nice things you have collected.

Or, you can waste time levitating while stacking those items into walls and shelves, etc. Once I had 99 of every misc. object in game, I decided to use them to build my own fortress. I also built an entire room out of white pillows. It's tough to accomplish, since once you have 99 of any items, the game will crash. I also collected skulls and placed them all around my front door and put black candles on their heads. Books can create a vaulted roof, but it's a tedious task to get them right, while levitating and it still rains inside your house anyway.

I created a bearded Dwarf for Morrowind:
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...rdVladius1.jpg

Last edited by CrybKeeper; 10-06-2009 at 10:54 PM.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper