Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
wdev
Lurker

Default User panel - cities in Slaskie (Poland).

Hi,

I've just registered on this site. When I was setting up my account I was asked to choose my country, state and city. First - I see no idea in it being compulsory, but I doesn't really matter. The thing that shocked me was the choice of cities in my region (let's call it a state, but it's called voivodeship in Poland). The (according to Abandonia) cities in Slaskie are: Catowice, Katowice, Kattowiz, Stalinogorod, Stalinograd, Stalinogrod. That's all. These names are 6 names of the same city. I've never heard of the 1st one, the second one is the real name of Slaskie's capital, the 3rd one is it's name in german (what for?) and last 3 names are different varations on it's name which was used in 1953-1956 under People's Republic of Poland.

I have no idea where did you get this list from, but imagine someone browsing this list just for fun, or selecting it by accident. When he'd notice this he would probably think: "OMG, they have cities named after Stalin in Poland? Poles are commies!". I wouldn't like people to think that about my country, especially that we were fighting communism for 40 years...

I have no idea where did you get this list from, but as you see it's hardly correct. I'm not asking you to put all 72 Slaskies cities on this list (which would be nice) but could you at least remove all the names but one - Katowice.
wdev is offline                         Send a private message to wdev
Old 20-07-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Ah, yes, that.
There's a lot of wrong names on city lists for all countries.
It has been brought to attention of our tech support team and will be fixed in due order.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman