Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Schiffbruch! (German for 'Ship Wrecked')

Well, this certainly is an interesting gem that I found on a deserted island. Yep. It's Schiffbruch. The Story starts with the un-named protagonist sailing on his boat. The Ocean in front of him, the wind in his hair, the sun beaming down to warm his ski- Oh no! Theres a GIANT ISLAND right infront of YOU!!

Quote:
Oh good one.

Yep, for some un-explainable reason, while sailing on a perfectly flat, nice ocean, you managed to crash into, well, nothing, but luckily, only 2 small isometric squares infront of you, was an Island! Yippee!

The Island is always randomly generated, with a river in it, and natural food sources, stuff like that, stuff like what one would find on a un-tinged pacific island (i was dissapointed, i was hoping for cannibals)

You need to watch your 3 vials of parameters, which are Water (blue), Food (green) and Health (Red). If you run out of either Water or Food, your health starts going down. I found a sort of buggish like thing to fix this. The main thing you want is water. Luckily for me, my river was right lcose to where I washe up! So that way I had a constant water source, and when my health went down from no food, I just simply slept, and it went back up! Neato!

After you make your first shelter (which you should do soon) it will only lower your helth by 5% per night, where-as without the shelter, it is. Erm...more.

Quote:
More then just wild animals lurk about the Island at night...

The basic point of the game, is to get rescued. to do so, you build things like bonfires, and S.O.S signs on beaches, and hope something passing by will see you. Apparently the 'Resue' factor is based on more then jsut the 'Chance of rescue' Percentage given to you, because there been cases of people washign right up on the island, and i nthe middle of making an S.O.S sign, getting rescued and stuff.

This is not the case for me, as i've been on my island for a short 26 days thus far. Yes, quite fun.

Anyways, I dont really wanna give to much away. If you want to play, go download it yourself. I don't see why Abandonia doesn't have it though
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 05-10-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
ianfreddie07
wat

I think it's because this is a freeware game.