Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #21
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I hear this opinion countless times before
I ignore them :whistle:
But yes that guy should clearly decide on which side of fence he is...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 24-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #22
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Who knows, I read a lot of pc gamer, they got some good articles and such, but for the old game issue hard to say, noticed in the past few years that the more flashy a game is and the amount of hype it gets, they'll usually give it tons of praise, I'm only speaking for the U.S Mag though. Still overall I like some of the setups they do for pc gaming systems and such. I remember when they did top 50 games, a lot of oldish games were near the top of the list if I remember correctly.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 24-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #23
omg
Games Master

a quote from gary pitta bread stuffed with kebab meat evry night for tea.
Quote:
those games are my old freinds but as with many old freinds i know if we met again today would have nothing to say to each to each other
maybe u have nothing to say to your old freinds because you have spent evrey spare second of your time leveling up in mmporg's and u are the kinda ch00b that complains that u get keep getting killed by players who are of the type your char is vunarable 2, i got a coupla word for him, not that the pudgy as h*le gonna read this but, a: dont winge about dieng to pks, stay away from pk areas you lump of rotting gentalia, (mmporg player like that annoy me, if you cant pk, dont!) o wow mister mark twitter you are lvl 60! amazing .... i went out last night got mashed , engineered some sound as a favour, an had cex with my wife after, i no which i prefer i play mmporgs, but i dont complain when i die i figure out why, an i dont go boasting about my stats or lvls in forums cuz its a bit silly really its what you got in real life that counts. also back to the old freinds thing, i do have things to say to my old freinds becuz i love my games but i also have a life outside of them so i always got things i bin doing to talk about to mah old freinds when i go hometown an look em up or bump into them.
wheras you are jus busy playing wow untill you die. i never wished this on anyone but i really hope a genius takes it upon them to nuke his comp or dos him to hell or back. either that or as he pk's im sure many wow clans are seeking his lvl 60 claerly choob built (i aint played wow but im guessing like a lotta games theres a purity aspect an the choobs wi impure chars get kille more often, feel free to flame me if u want but bear in mind i aint played it yet) behind, to skewer it an cook it, he clearly could keep a family going fo a week!

god that article annoyed me if classic games r poo then why are there all these sites, an o wow u got a joystick with c64 games, dude theres an amzing thing called *emulators* someone on this site once said "emulators makin the classics better than they were" which is true, an im sure one day dos box is gonna b able to handle the smoothing trick that nes an snes emmys do. i love old games, i find them to generally be better written with better conversations an story, (to me fallout 2 was the pinnacle of old style chat systems, if u no a better 1 tell me k: ) also it is a fact that becuz the graphics were so simple developers spent a lot more time tweaking the engines, rather than jus boosting the pixel counts, also as companys get bigger they cant afford to take risks, back in the days it seems developers were more concerned with innovating. now they are getting like the pop world an generally speaking imitaiting some1 elses hit for safe bucks. gaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL, my longest post yet...anger makes me type faster :ranting:
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 24-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #24
Onimaru

i wish this is a poll so i could see if anyone in here thinks oldies are crap...... but i dont think anyone in here agrees to that writer..... and i think everyone thinks that article is the crap
Onimaru is offline                         Send a private message to Onimaru
Old 24-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #25
Charmed
Forum hobbit

Quote:
I hear this opinion countless times before I ignore them whistling.gif
Lizard, if you were referring to my comment with regards to modern games sucking, I was just being sarcastic. There are lots of great games still being made, no doubt, but how many more Quakes/Dooms/Half Lifes are still going to be made or have to be made.

Modern gaming is pretty much all about sequels. I mean who needs a sequel number 4, 5 ... etc. Heck who needs a number 3... I am still asking myself when Final Fantasy is going to be final and I first asked that question years ago ;p

We all know what happens when they start making more sequels or "gasp" - prequels which seems to be really popular currently. Look at Star Wars - I am even ashamed to admit the trilogy ranked among my favourite movies of all time after the jar jar binx junk. The whole story got blurred because of the mess of sequels. I mean look at the Matrix as well - The first was one of the best movies ever - then the sequels had to come in and spoil every thing.

That is 2 of my favourites spoiled now. I am pretty sure its going to be 3 after they make the next Indiana Jones movies (why ... why) Harrison Ford is an old guy now, come on don't spoil another one of my all time favourites.

I will "kill" anyone that wants to even think about making a sequel or a prequel to the Back to the Future Trilogy - don't even think about touching my all time favourite movie/series. Don't even think about it.
Charmed is offline                         Send a private message to Charmed
Old 24-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #26
omg
Games Master

i seem to be the only person in the world that like the second and third matrix movies!!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 24-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #27
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Charmed@Apr 24 2005, 07:12 PM
Quote:
I hear this opinion countless times before I ignore them whistling.gif
Lizard, if you were referring to my comment with regards to modern games sucking, I was just being sarcastic. There are lots of great games still being made, no doubt, but how many more Quakes/Dooms/Half Lifes are still going to be made or have to be made.

Modern gaming is pretty much all about sequels. I mean who needs a sequel number 4, 5 ... etc. Heck who needs a number 3... I am still asking myself when Final Fantasy is going to be final and I first asked that question years ago ;p

We all know what happens when they start making more sequels or "gasp" - prequels which seems to be really popular currently. Look at Star Wars - I am even ashamed to admit the trilogy ranked among my favourite movies of all time after the jar jar binx junk. The whole story got blurred because of the mess of sequels. I mean look at the Matrix as well - The first was one of the best movies ever - then the sequels had to come in and spoil every thing.

That is 2 of my favourites spoiled now. I am pretty sure its going to be 3 after they make the next Indiana Jones movies (why ... why) Harrison Ford is an old guy now, come on don't spoil another one of my all time favourites.

I will "kill" anyone that wants to even think about making a sequel or a prequel to the Back to the Future Trilogy - don't even think about touching my all time favourite movie/series. Don't even think about it.
No you missunderstood me.I was talking about Mr. Garry Whitta opinion.He say more or less the same,what say majority of my schoolmates :angry:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 24-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #28
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I'm sorry, but PC Zone is unfiltered crap compared to PC Gamer. The reviews lack real feeling and they are a 'gimmicky' magazine. Their only claim to fame is that they're PC Gamer's only real rivals.

PC Gamer has good reviews, very skilled writers and a lot about the mod scene. Abandonia and HoTU have both been mentioned at least twice in the last 6 months, you should be grateful for that.

I was actually in PC Gamer. I can't remember the exact issue number, but the Letter of the Month was a reply to Michael Gerber's scathing thoughts on PC Games involving praying for the souls of each computer game character that he killed (I'm pretty sure that it was a joke, though).

I was given an honourable mention, but my letter was on the disks in the 'Cables extended'. I was pretty pleased with that. Joseph Brereton, York, Opflashpoint100@hotmail.com, it will probably say at the bottom (I never read my own letter, but it was on there and they left my email address on by accident).

Also Gary Whitta is a total tit. I have read reviews by him and he is crap. Just say no, kids.

For the guy who was asking, PC Gamer UK is a really well written PC Games magazine, with as much life as text and paper can give it. It even had people reviewing the magazine (John Romero, Peter Meyonleux, that kind of thing), which was really cool.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 24-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #29
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There's a vast gulf between the US and UK magazines, the US one is a bit like PC Zone (crap reviews and gimmicky) whereas the UK one is the only gaming publication I can recall reading which is aimed at adults rather than kids/teenagers and which is, for the most part, intelligently written and mature. They're also big fans of classic games and well-respected in the industry. In short, you're better off reading the UK one!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 24-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #30
KingTizz

One journo who obviously likes nice shiney things rather than something thats even slightly entertaining.

Unfortunatly it seems more and more games are being made simply to look nice. (deus ex 2 anyone?)
KingTizz is offline                         Send a private message to KingTizz