Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #21
DeathCore
Forum hobbit

got the game to work "reasonable"
But after a few seconds it slows down to an amazing 1 FPS at both video and sounds o.o
DeathCore is offline                         Send a private message to DeathCore
Old 31-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #22
FreeFreddy

Perhaps you selected wrong sound-card? Select either Soundblaster Pro or Soundblaster, one of these should work and other not, I just don't remember which.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:41 AM   #23
BP30Foe

i have a 267Mhz CPU. The game runs fine, and i can get past the copy protection, but about 30-45 seconds into the game it just closes. any suggestions??

Old 07-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #24
FreeFreddy

You play it in Windows XP and DosBox there, right?
I would suggest that you use Windows 95 or 98 on such slow PC instead and play the game in Ms-Dos then.

Old 07-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #25
BP30Foe

No, actually im on win2kpro, just running it straight through ms-dos.(my machine is slow enuf for that )
BP30Foe is offline                         Send a private message to BP30Foe
Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #26
D-1-Viper
Forum hobbit

yay i have been looking all over for this game i love it when i played it a frend of mine a loong time ago
Old 10-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #27
FreeFreddy

Heh, to be honest, I started playing the shareware version of it in 1995 and only found the full version when I joined the site.
And then added it too, knowing it's a good game.

Old 19-11-2004, 10:12 PM   #28
InC

Whoah, true classic!

Hardly linear progress at the start of the game makes it really difficult for beginners. You just have to try everything and explore everything.

Later, game goes absolutely out of control - it's hardly possible to manage everything. And frequent attacks won't make it any easier.

However, ending is deep and pretty cool for a futuristic space sci-fi game, at the moment where all space sci-fi stories are really drained and fantasy is almost equal to total stupidity in these.
A bit realistic "what if-" story is always good.

tip: game music is in MOD format, it can be opened and even edited/remixed in almost any tracker. This space battle track is definetly worth it

tip 2: It may help - XP+DosBox combo users - if you try turning all the sound & music off. From setup program, of course

tip 3: There's mineral cheat/crack supplied with the game. However, it won't block money, which won't help you at the beginning of the game but later where technology needs great deal of minerals.
I'd prefer to use GameWiz32 or DOS's Game Wizard 32 instead, so all variables could be locked... like number of battleships you have

But then again, It's a great loss. It's better to have some old dusty 486 somewhere to play all these great oldschool games, starting with XCOM and ending with Reunion. Nowadays, at the age of GigaHertzes, you may get one for free, or even get paid to take the "rubbish" away.

An outstanding game.

Old 26-11-2004, 07:55 AM   #29
danron1376

Quarantine is a pretty good FPS with a twist. The game is a little unique in that it has nonlinear aspects. You play out the life of one Drake Edgewater, picking up passengers in your taxi to gain money. In between taxi jobs, you can roam about throughout the city, which creates a sense of being in a living world. It's kinda like one of the reasons why many people like the Grand Theft Auto series (staring with #3).
Old 27-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #30
Roman

If you'd be any where near, I'd give you a hug.
I think there is no game I enjoyed anywhere as much as quarantine. I have three copies of it, but I lost all three code cards.
I stopped gaming in the last millenium. They just don't make games like that anymore.
This forum needs a crying with bliss smiley