Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
Hennie
Lurker

Default Bow and Arrow 1.1 - Unabridged (Registered) Version

G'day, dear gamers!

To refresh all you readers' memories, Bow and Arrow was widely released as shareware in 1992 and 1996 as versions 1.0 and 1.1, respectively. It was primarily designed for Windows 3.1 onwards, even playable until XP.

Now, the registered version is what I'm trying to get my hands on, since it promised 10 additional levels (22 in total) of play in an already challenging and enjoyable game. All attempts in contacting the author, John di Troia, has failed, having scoured the web for contact information, or a copy somewhere. No joy. An email that I found wasn't even valid, so there I started to lose hope. The fact that I don't live in the USA doesn't help my case.

I have asked on Reddit, 4chan and one other forum that was taken down, and I've had no success in that regard.

Also, support already ended for the OS platforms the game was designed for, and it's been 21 years since the shareware released. Everything indicates that it's abandonware at this point.

If anyone has a registered copy for version 1.1 (1996) (apparently, it was a disk) or know where to find one, it would finally end years of searching. Also, if someone could point me to another forum(s) that might help me out, that'd be great too! It was a childhood favorite of mine and it would be lovely to complete the game.

Do note that there's shareware copies all over the web, so don't confuse these for the full version.

This is basically a last-ditch effort, so hope someone might be able to help out.

Cheers, and thanks!

Sneaky screenshot of the shareware:
Hennie is offline                         Send a private message to Hennie
Old 19-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

No buylinks found.

I think we can label the game as 'approved'. Can anyone confirm this?
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck