Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
noname

Angry

1) what is the different between wizardry 7 and wizardry gold? (except the graphic)

2) how to summon more than 1 creature at the same time?
noname is offline                         Send a private message to noname
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Fandi

I guess Wizardry gold is pentium compatible and has a built-in help system.
Avoid it, because it can ruin the game experience. :)
Fandi is offline                         Send a private message to Fandi
Old 20-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Magnakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandi View Post
I guess Wizardry gold is pentium compatible and has a built-in help system.
Avoid it, because it can ruin the game experience.
when i played dsavant it was in 93 there was no wizardry Gold. i heard Gold gave better portraits and general facelift to graphics as well as fixed up some bugs.

so if i were to replay wizardry 7 again today , should i not pick Gold instead or play original dsavant again?
Magnakai is offline                         Send a private message to Magnakai
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

About how to summon more than one creature at the same time - you can't. You can summon only one time during a battle, and if you try to cast more summoning spells "nothing appears". However with some levels of some summoning spells often more than one creature of the same type appear, like with Illusion level 3-4 and Fairy Witches, I had often 6 of them. That's also a random thing, sometimes it's one, sometimes it's two and sometimes it's many.
One spell I recommend especially - Create Life (Alchemist). Cast with level 7, it summons a powerful Godzylla (a dinosaur-like monster, sometimes but rarily 2 of them are summoned) that has an insane character level, immune to all magic except that cast by Gorrors (as they have even much higher level than him), can breathe fire and can crush enemies for 200 points by stomping them. And his armor is very hard to penetrate though he's easy to hit. Even if he attacks just by lashing, he easily deals 60-100 damage. One of the reasons I always loved to have an Alchemist in my party :P
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 21-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Not sure if they fixed some bugs in Gold, I actually didn't really notice any in the original Wizardry VII. As for the new portraits, they look quite different from the original ones and in my opinion of quite worse quality.
Of course, that doesn't mean you won't like them either, you can feel free to try out the Gold version. But if you ask me Wizardry Gold didn't do anything to outdo the original Crusaders of the Dark Savant, aside of that Pentium compatibility, which is hardly of any use today.
Old 21-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Magnakai

Actually i did encounter some problems with dark savant in '93, i can't remember the exact specifics now but something like the function or spell to recharge my Avenger and other charge items didn't work. i just couldn't recharge anything.

this time round i might give wizardry gold a try but that pentium thing is a deterrant factor as i would much prefer to run dosbox so i dunno. must i really run Gold from windows?

haha i remember what i was really happy about when i played the original dsavant was that they fixed the problem in wiz6 whereby if u managed to get every single skill in the game @ 100, and u levelled up some more u would get locked in the level-up panel

Last edited by Magnakai; 21-10-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Magnakai is offline                         Send a private message to Magnakai
Old 25-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

You can play Wizardry Gold in DosBox too, of course, just need to increase the CPU cycles to a high enough amount if your machine is strong enough for it (most today's computers should have no problems there), something like 25.000-30.000.
If there're any problems running or installing in DosBox just post a thread in Troubleshooting.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Momoftrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
You can play Wizardry Gold in DosBox too, of course, just need to increase the CPU cycles to a high enough amount if your machine is strong enough for it (most today's computers should have no problems there), something like 25.000-30.000.
If there're any problems running or installing in DosBox just post a thread in Troubleshooting.

I guess this is kind of off-topic, but I saw that this was the most recent posting on this game. I played this long ago, and have just been able to re-start game and was wondering if anyone is still playing and offering to help. I have gotten stuck a couple of times and was looking for some help.
Momoftrips is offline                         Send a private message to Momoftrips
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Of course you can post any troubles or questions you have in this discussion & help thread about Wizardry VII, which can also be downloaded from this site - Link
Since (at my knowledge) Wizardry Gold doesn't add anything new to Wizardry VII, aside of few graphic changes, it should be perfectly ok to ask about it there also.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
Momoftrips

Thanks!! The biggest problem I am having right now is trying to beat the Lord of the Dark Forest. I can not find anything to hurt him. I can do some damage every once in a while, but not enough to kill him. And, if I do manage to silence or capture him, it doesn't last long enough for me to kill him. My characters are all level 9, so maybe they aren't high enough to kill him. But, I am afraid that if I leave now and try to do some other things, that when I come back the chest with the Holy Work will be empty. Don't I need that to get the Legend Map from Father Rulae in New City? Or will the leftovers in the chest be enough?
Momoftrips is offline                         Send a private message to Momoftrips