Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #11

Brilliant game, I liked it very much but found it hard as hell.

Old 22-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

hard? ha, ha, ha...
all you need to do is identifiy the planet's source of energy and then use "carriers" to move the good in between. offocurse some protection from the fighters combined with 2 healing ships is also good (patrol).

move food to mineral rich planets and minerals to planets with population. build factory on population planets, but save the money for that on mineral planets.

to protect a planet use min 2 healing ships, 4 or 5 fighters, defensive satelites. once you have the defense it's time for offense. build space docks. store in 4 fighters, 3 marauders (yeah they are worth every penny) and 1 troop ship. build another docks and fill it with fighters, destroyers... whatever can protect the troop fleet. now send them in in such a way that they more or less all come there at the same time. but the protection fleet should be there first. well then all you need to do is wait. if you have enough resources i strongly suggest building more marauder ships.

Quote:
I find that the music gets repetitive and some of the ships attacking sounds aren't as fulfilling.[/b]
Whaaat???? there are plenty of different musics how can they get repetitive? oh to change music hit "esc" and select change music. i actually like them. they are quite good made for game that old. you have it all electronic, rock, techno...

also i like the sound effects! the talking from various races and how thier voice varries.... who can forget that "Planet Tengton - hydroponics plants estalished!". "Planet Earth - Factory produced!"

sweet! 5/5 from me for this baby.

also 2 players can play at same time on one computer. works suprisingly good.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 23-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #13
Wicky
the little viking

I'm looking for a way to convert midi/mp3 files to Star Federations's .MOD audio format. Until I find out how, I enjoy getting annhihilated by the comp, LOL

You could rename the game to "Star Federation", because
1) The zip is named Star Reach, but the folder that extracts is named "starfed"?
and 2) The splash screen when the game loads also says "Star Federation"

I want somebody to build a remake of this great game (game should stay as it is, graphics and music updated)
By the way there is a similarly old-school game remake called "Galactic Dream" which is fantastic. Search google for "evolution vault" to get a fully playable demo.
Old 23-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #14
Alexfox

Hi, while I've been a fan of abandonia for a while this is my first post.

Anyway, I have the orginal boxed copy of this game (on 3.5 floppy's), do you want a box cover and manual scan?

Old 23-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

These are always welcome.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #16

I'd definitely like a manual for this game...and tips for improving the "economy" section of the planets, in order to gather cahs faster, would be appreciated as well.

Old 28-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #17
velik_m
Game Wizzard

i think exporting helps with the economy.
Old 30-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #18
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Unfortunately I don't have the manual, but I would have to agree with velik m, exporting will help your economy. Keeping large supply lines from every planet to every planet is the best strategy. It's also fun to attack another player's large supply lines and cripple their economy!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 27-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #19
Sol

Seems fun, but I cannot for the life of me make any money.

I'm exporting goods and stuff, but I always end in debt.

I need a detailed method for doin' this

Old 13-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
Just begin........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sol @ Dec 27 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]272638[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Seems fun, but I cannot for the life of me make any money.

I'm exporting goods and stuff, but I always end in debt.

I need a detailed method for doin' this
[/b]
Just try to focus on what really necessery. In mission 0 and 1 you don't need defense. Sell it and You have nice mineral and slightly better income. If You see planet with 3 hydrophonics and pop 300 still with food 0 (population is dying) so it's worthless to pay hydrophonics when they got no effect. Sell them, or let 1 stay and move food from BLUE planets where hydrophonics are much more effective. Don't build mines when planet without them produce some 2 mineral/round, there are much better planets for mining. And allways send stuff where is needed, do not try to produce it in planet for all costs, just make some trade routes and You'll see.

BTW awesome game split screen. Might be better via network where other player don't see what You're producing and whats in Your storage

Must find someone to play with