Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2004, 06:47 AM   #31
DiamondSoul
Abandonia nerd

It does still occur. I got the game from a different site and it doesn't crash anymore :eeeeeh:
DiamondSoul is offline                         Send a private message to DiamondSoul
Old 29-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #32
squim

this game is the best in the series in my opinion... the atmosphere is one of the best in any game i've played... who cares if your guy is a bunch of chunky triangles being attacked by something that looks like a marionette... the marionette jumps at you through the window and you'll jump... it's really scary!

one thing this game introduced that got picked up by alot of other games like resident evil is the camera angle changing throughout the game... this gives it a much more cinematic feel but also makes it stressfull when your being attacked and suddenly your perspective changes... i dunno but it seems like this is still something that 3d game makers wrestle with.

super great! super creepy! try it now!

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: :)
squim is offline                         Send a private message to squim
Old 30-12-2004, 04:50 AM   #33
[LOF]Quietus
Lurker

I love the AITD series. I always got so absorbed in them, and it scared me sometimes. I have the trilogy.... on a Mac. LOL OK Im a hybrid user, I own them both, dont shoot me please.

If anyone needs help on a specific part of the game I will give you all I know.

Im Q, or Quietus of clan Lethal Old Farts (www.lethaloldfarts.net) [An online gaming clan, we play mostly Quake 2, and BF 1942. I srtill play Duke Nukem 3D WOOT!!] by the way. You will be seeing a lot more of me in here now that Ive discovered a site for my first all time favorite games. Police Quest, Space Quest and Kings Quest.

Incidentally.... anyone every hear of the game Thexder????

Chat with you all soon!!

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: :o
[LOF]Quietus is offline                         Send a private message to [LOF]Quietus
Old 01-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #34
pipogorosito

I have the Alone in the Dark The New Nightmare, and when i played the first of the AITD series, i almost die..it was great!!! visit my page to get some info of various games.

http://pipogorosito.tripod.com

I recomend the abuse

Old 01-01-2005, 11:41 PM   #35
Killermyth

This game is great. I played this game 5 years ago and I finally beat it within a week. Though U have to admit the game is really,really,really, hard without the walkthrough. Make one mistake, U cant go back and fix it (unlesss u loas a saved game waaayyyyy far back) what really got me going was when the rats in the celler started attacking me. Even though there is only two rats, they seem to be doing like 5 damage....... Oh and by teh way. How the hell do u run? I beat the gmae always walking LOL.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #36
Wael
Hero Gamer

I believe it is done by doubleclicking the direction where in theory the believed character is wanted to run /-
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 01-01-2005, 11:53 PM   #37
squim

Quote:
Originally posted by [LOF]Quietus@Dec 30 2004, 05:50 AM

Incidentally.... anyone every hear of the game Thexder????

robo-transformer-shoot-em-up ... it's not bad...
squim is offline                         Send a private message to squim
Old 01-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #38
Wael
Hero Gamer

This one?
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 02-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #39
FL

Alone in the Dark 1 (SPOILER)

Does anyone know what's wrong in AITD 1 if I cant throw the lantern on the tree at the end? The tree doesn't set on fie and the lamp goes off whatever I do.

Thanx

Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #40
Killermyth

First of all, U DONT throw the latern at the tree, it is an invicible magical tree. It is a cursed tree that has teh power to destroy. U must find the magical talisman from the secret passage in the library (where the invicible monster is, u have to kill it with a special knife.) place the talisman on the tree, and WALA! The curse is gone, and YOU WIN!!! LOL and by the way...... Have any of you haev beaten the game? The ending was REALLY distrubing but funny LOL.