Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #21
goblins
Game Wizzard

kosta made a post that they got charged twice in december - i was just saying the old server that they left on dec 8 they should ask for a refund for the rest of the month of unused services if possible - unless that original post vanished.

As for donations keep em coming to these guys they provide a great service if you cant donate then click on a couple of banner ads a day
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 PM   #22
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

i think the rule is:

pay in forward...

so they pay for a whole month...and if they aint use it a whole month it's there problem k:

For the banners: Just clicked 7 times...enough for now k:
Old 03-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #23
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by goblins@Jan 3 2005, 09:53 PM
kosta made a post that they got charged twice in december - i was just saying the old server that they left on dec 8 they should ask for a refund for the rest of the month of unused services if possible - unless that original post vanished.

As for donations keep em coming to these guys they provide a great service if you cant donate then click on a couple of banner ads a day
Well.. we DID use all of our 1.2 TByte bandwith, so nothing to argue over realy :/

If we haven't moved, the site would have gone down around the 20:th december, and been down over x-mas.. :/ not worth it... so... thx to all of you, it keeps living, and is now greater then ever...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #24
Squalidangel
Abandonia nerd

Maybe I am not phrasing the queston right so I am just going to give up.

Does anyone know what I am asking...? :crazy:

I know if I donate 5 dollars it is donating 5 dollars..but in the end the site is only gettin 3.70 dollars (or really euros.)

What I am trying to ask is that the site would make out better if money was sent to them in euros...??

I know this is confusing but I don't know how else to ask what I want to know. I really don't know how exchange rates work.
Squalidangel is offline                         Send a private message to Squalidangel
Old 04-01-2005, 01:38 AM   #25
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

So.. you're wondering if it's better for the site if money is given in € than in $?
I believe, that if you donate in $ (if you CAN, I'm not sure...), then Paypal (or Titan's bank) automatically converts those 5 US dollars to 3.7€ (according to the exchange rate right now).
A friend of mine abroad transferred to me in Euros, onto my bank account, but on the papers I saw it in Icelandic krónas. So I don't think it matters (if I understand you correctly).

1USD = 0.742717 EUR
1 EUR = 1.34641 USD

I hope anything I'm trying to say makes sense :blink:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 04-01-2005, 03:02 AM   #26
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Hmmm... i THINK it's like this: you can donate in euro's or US$, but i'll recive it in Euro anyway, as my account @ paypal is set up to ONLY use Euro and SEK (Swedish money)
NO fee is drawn other then the normal exchange-rate, BUT, paypal takes theire piece of every donation unfortunaly, but this IS the simplested and most widespread system we know of, so we'll stick with it.

If you donate 5 US$, i will recive 3,7 Euro - fee.. But we realy don't care if it's 1$ or 100$... it's the gesture that is the important... we where realy amazed when we saw those donation at the start, and it has realy given all of us a moral-boost here, i can tell you.
This allows us for go even further, since unfortunaly, nothing comes for free here :/

Well, if you have any other question, just PM me, and i'll try to answer them more specific.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 AM   #27
Squalidangel
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Jan 3 2005, 09:38 PM

1USD = 0.742717 EUR
1 EUR = 1.34641 USD

How does that make sense...? :blink:
Squalidangel is offline                         Send a private message to Squalidangel
Old 04-01-2005, 05:13 AM   #28
Titan
Gnome

Well.. to me; just as much as 6.80 SEK = 1 US$

We use many different types of money... here in Europe, we generaly accept Euro as a second form in those contires that doesn't use it as theire primary..

Those number you qouted just shows that 1 Euro is worth 1,35 Dollars at the moment.

Dono realy what more there is to explain...
Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #29
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

Quote:
Originally posted by Squalidangel@Jan 4 2005, 01:02 PM
I know this is confusing but I don't know how else to ask what I want to know. I really don't know how exchange rates work.
Okay, pretend that you're in a country that only uses silver coins, and I'm in a country that only uses gold coins. Also pretend that the exchange rate is 10 silver = 1 gold (to keep the maths simple).

If you donate 50 silver coins to me through PayPal, I'm going to get 5 gold coins in my account because of the exchange rate. At first glance, that looks like a pretty bad deal. But the important thing to remember is that what I pay for stuff in gold coins is nothing like what you pay for stuff in silver coins. If a month of web hosting costs you 30 silver coins, it'll probably only cost me around 3 gold coins anyway. Or if I want to use a web host in your country, the credit card company will take that 30 silver fee and convert it back into 3 gold using about the same exchange rate.

That's pretty much all there is to it. The rates are never quite that nice, because there's gotta be a bit of room so that if you convert from one currency to another and straight back again then the bank gets a cut. They also vary a bit from time to time, so while my 5 gold coins might be worth 50 silvers this week, next week I might get 52 for them, and the week after only 49.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 AM   #30
Squalidangel
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuttle+Jan 4 2005, 03:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tuttle @ Jan 4 2005, 03:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Squalidangel@Jan 4 2005, 01:02 PM
Okay, pretend that you're in a country that only uses silver coins, and I'm in a country that only uses gold coins. Also pretend that the exchange rate is 10 silver = 1 gold (to keep the maths simple).

If you donate 50 silver coins to me through PayPal, I'm going to get 5 gold coins in my account because of the exchange rate. At first glance, that looks like a pretty bad deal. But the important thing to remember is that what I pay for stuff in gold coins is nothing like what you pay for stuff in silver coins. If a month of web hosting costs you 30 silver coins, it'll probably only cost me around 3 gold coins anyway. Or if I want to use a web host in your country, the credit card company will take that 30 silver fee and convert it back into 3 gold using about the same exchange rate.

That's pretty much all there is to it. The rates are never quite that nice, because there's gotta be a bit of room so that if you convert from one currency to another and straight back again then the bank gets a cut. They also vary a bit from time to time, so while my 5 gold coins might be worth 50 silvers this week, next week I might get 52 for them, and the week after only 49. [/b][/quote]
Thanks . That is what I was trying to figure out. I guess there isn't a wat (easy or not) to cheat the system.