Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #31
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Hands down everyone...
Something is definitly wrong with Japan.

I mean I though I've seen all kind of weird shit. But that? I just felt weirder waaay over anything I could come up with.
Old 23-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
saibot216
Super Freak

The Incredible Bulk... I'm not gonna say anything about the movie other than its name and let people look up the trailer on youtube and have them die on their own. The thing is, it's supposed to be a parody, but it does SUCH a bad job and just overdoes it so much that it just becomes one giant horrible mess.
saibot216 is offline                         Send a private message to saibot216
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #33
derpol
Lurker

Deer Hunter....

god how could that movie win so many awards...
derpol is offline                         Send a private message to derpol
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #34
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpol View Post
Deer Hunter....

god how could that movie win so many awards...
I agree it's flawed, but it would have been good if the producer had done his job reining in the director, and cutting an hour of more off the movie. Michael Cimino was a prima donna and all his movies have the same problem to some extent.

Quote:
Cimino is frequently criticized by colleagues and critics as vain, self-indulgent, egotistical, megalomaniacal and an enfant terrible.[9][68] . . .

In writing about his experience working on The Sicilian, producer Bruce McNall described Cimino as "one part artistic genius and one part infantile egomaniac."[72] In his book, Blade Runners, Deer Hunters and Blowing the Bloody Doors Off, producer Michael Deeley described his experience with Cimino on Deer Hunter a "travail",[73] adding "the only flaw I find in my Oscar [for The Deer Hunter] is that Cimino's name is also engraved on it."[74] Deeley went on to criticize Cimino further for his deceit and lack of professional respect: "Cimino was selfish. [...] Selfishness, in itself, is not necessarily a flaw in a director, unless it swells into ruthless self-indulgence combined with a total disregard for the terms in which the production has been set." . . .

"As I see it, Michael Cimino doesn't think in terms of dramatic values . . . The whole thing is just material for Cimino the visual artist to impose his personality on."[75]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cimino#Criticisms

He also likes to invent facts for his biography lol
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #35
Dead Alien
Wandering Ronin

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Review (Part 1 of 7)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZ...19C8DE6F720A2D

(Part 1 of 9) Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi...E3EB1DFD4B64A2

The videos swear hear and there, sorry bout that. If you haven't seen RedLetterMedia's reviews already, enjoy!

Oh and this one too -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY7MLgy5Whw "A bat bomb?"
Dead Alien is offline                         Send a private message to Dead Alien
Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Good grief! Why did you have to remind me of the fathomless menace that is SW Ep 1? Not the worst movie but still one I actually got pretty annoyed for wasting money on.

Batman, however..... you and I need to have a friendly, perhaps even civilized chat about that one... you and I and my bat bomb.

Luckily for most people, since most people don't speak Norwegian or have any interest in Norwegian 70's social realistic drama, one true turkey is "Himmel og Helvete" (Heaven and Hell)... Seen it once, might even watch it again, one day in the far future, for the laughs...

An anti drug movie with "acting" so poorly executed it spins my head more than any drug could do. The acting is what saves it while the dialogues try to destroy this movie...

On the same theme, another true turd is "Reefer Madness".... One that more than warns against any use of any drug but one that also is so way over the top one has to think the writer and director did a tour de really-bad-dope while working on it.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 06-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget