Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #41
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I thought this was interesting, a Windows remake of the board game:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/lm.broers/download.htm
Nicey. I like this one more then the one we have on Abandonia.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #42
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by OlSheep@Oct 5 2005, 10:58 PM
I thought this was interesting, a Windows remake of the board game:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/lm.broers/download.htm
Olsheep, thanks very much for posting that link!
It's a great version of Hero Quest, though I sometimes can't continue playing after one of my heroes has died :blink:
Old 18-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #43
Help

I need some help. i downloaded the game and it comes up with Win rar and i am not sure what to do to open or get the game to work

Can some one help me?

Old 18-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #44
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

It should be Hero Quest.zip file. You need to extract the files (right click and chose the extract option - works in WinXP). If you can't extract - get WINZIP programe. That will do the trick.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 18-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #45
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or you could just extract it with WinRar, in fact.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 18-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #46
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Oct 18 2005, 03:04 PM
Or you could just extract it with WinRar, in fact.
Since you say your pc comes up with winrar, it looks like you've got winrar installed. Just right-click the file instead of double-clicking (opening) it. One of the options you'll see is "extract" or something similar.
Old 19-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #47
Magic User Maniac

Ok, I still am unsure on how to use magic spells when u play as the elf or the wizard. Could some one tell me how it's done. Dont come back to my with a manuel because i wouldn't be botherd to read any of it but who cares because if you do send me manuel you'll get sniperrifleized

Old 20-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #48
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I yet have to see the manual for this PC-version of HQ. I've come across some manuals that claimed to be this, but much of the info was in fact referring to the board game.

To cast spells, click the lightning on the right side of the table (next to that switch and such). For the effect of the individual spells and whether you need to have your target in sight, just try, I certainly don't know all of these by heart...
Old 20-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The manual HOTU have, yes...
Their forbidden halls enter you must, for the game search and there the manual download you can, yes...

Get it this way I did, yes...

(We really need a Yoda emoticon here...)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #50
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

You're right, this time it's indeed a manual for the PC game...

Talking about spells, I advise you to choose either water or earth as one of your picks, just for the healing spells. If you're playing a wizard, fire and wind will of course come in handy as well, but I always first go for some healing.

About that other HQ that OlSheep linked to: did anyone try the Dungeon yet? Just wondering how far you got... I had a hard time surviving the first few levels, but now a barbarian is becoming close to invincible (15 attack, 12 defense, impossible values compared to the classic version of the game)