Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #391
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Just use Recaptcha when you need a captcha, and drop this 6 glyph garbage the forum uses.
Yesss... the guy who was supposed to install it didn't quite finish the job and isn't working here anymore. The one who replaced him doesn't have the time. Do the math?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #392
just_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocisdfsdf View Post
Where is the nearest vein of gold in the Europe map (world campaign map 1)? The guys from the Greece region have some and they are slaughtering me. I have looked in the Italian mountains and in the big mountain north of Italy (the Alps?). I can only find iron and coal.
Go North, through the path up the right side of the northern mountains. Gold is just on the other side. Get there before the yellow player does.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #393
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Do the math?
Maths!

Is the new release of Settlers 2 better than the original, anyone who tried them both have an opinion?
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #394
grevls
Thumbs up europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me View Post
Go North, through the path up the right side of the northern mountains. Gold is just on the other side. Get there before the yellow player does.
I have just been doing the Europe campaign. It is a bit of a race to get to the first batch of Gold. It is on the northern middle part of the Alps. Just keep building military buildings upwards. There's not a huge amount and you need to get there before the yellows. This should be enough to expand your empire to a decent size and hold off any enemy attacks.

The other races that get Gold is Purple, Red and Black. Purples get the most but it doesn't last long. If you want a piece of it you'll have to invade and defeat them quickly.

The rest of the Gold gets exhausted before you really get a chance to get at it.

I did discover, however, that there is a decent deposit of Gold in the northern most area of Scotland. There is also some iron and coal deposits across England. This will require you to push through the yellow team to get there.

You do not have to build a ship to get to Britain. There is a very small bit of land linking it to France.

Just use your map to head in vaguely the right direction.

There is nothing on Ireland except sheep. No rocks, no trees, just sheep. I don't know if thats meant to be some kind of joke!?

Anyway I found the best way once you've got your first batch of Gold is to make sure you keep hold of it, exhaust the mines and then slow play it until you can push to Britain.

I defeated the enemies in the following order: Purple, Red, Black, Yellow, Green.

I hope this helps. I had been searching all over the net for tips and gold locations for Europe and found nothing, so I hope this of some use to someone.

I only rediscovered this game recently and I can't stop playing it. Just the right balance of strategy and fun!

Old 28-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #395
Traderman1981
Question Problem with big games...

So, I digged Settlers 2 Gold edition from drawer and wanted to play big game on 256x256 map. I made my own map for 7 players. But trouble starts when, just after starting - few minutes into game - game wont send helpers on road, builders to sites ect - and if sometimes it does, it takes like forever. It seems thjat game can't handle bigger then certain ammount of buildings and its getting bugged to place its not playable (i.e. - I have 5 fortresses near enemy but soldiers wont go from nearby stockhouse).

before you reply: I have soldiers (like 100 in each storehouse)
I have maxed DosBox ram side to 64 and it doesnt affect this issue.

I remember, that I had this problem with old-old PC 133Mhz Pentium with 32 ram on Windows 98, but later on I updated PC to 266mHz and 128MB and it was much better on gameplay

Anyone knows how to address this issue? Seems pretty bad to be able to create big world and not be able to play it...

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #396
Pentti Hilkuri

I've got exactly the same problem, on sea routes chapter. Helpers aren't getting to roads, everything gets fucked up. I've used all there is on both islands and burned them, still not helping the problem. Every 3-5th section of the road gets a helper and it doesn't even help to create just one longer section of road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderman1981 View Post
So, I digged Settlers 2 Gold edition from drawer and wanted to play big game on 256x256 map. I made my own map for 7 players. But trouble starts when, just after starting - few minutes into game - game wont send helpers on road, builders to sites ect - and if sometimes it does, it takes like forever. It seems thjat game can't handle bigger then certain ammount of buildings and its getting bugged to place its not playable (i.e. - I have 5 fortresses near enemy but soldiers wont go from nearby stockhouse).

before you reply: I have soldiers (like 100 in each storehouse)
I have maxed DosBox ram side to 64 and it doesnt affect this issue.

I remember, that I had this problem with old-old PC 133Mhz Pentium with 32 ram on Windows 98, but later on I updated PC to 266mHz and 128MB and it was much better on gameplay

Anyone knows how to address this issue? Seems pretty bad to be able to create big world and not be able to play it...